A month or so ago John and I had planned on going out of town for the weekend, and then we cancelled our plans at the last minute. I had already found a sub for primary, taken everything over to her, and gone over all the details of singing time. So there was no way I was canceling. My friend had talked to me about how she had taken her kids to the visitors center at the LA temple on a Sunday before church, and I thought it sounded like a great idea. We just decided that that was going to be our Sunday activity this one Sunday. Joshua was upset to tears because he thought we weren't keeping the Sabbath Day holy, by not attending church. And maybe we should have done both. But it was neat to take the kids to see the temple and go through the newly done visitors centers. It was basically empty and we got the full attention of a sister missionary guiding us through everything. Afterward we walked around the temple grounds as long as Caroline (having not napped) could handle. We don't get too many family days. And often when we do have one, it is full of chores and things that need to get taken care of. It was needed to have this day just as a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
we went through there a couple months ago with james and it is awesome! I think its OK to skip church once in a while for special family time when you can still have spiritual experiences. I think it is great Joshua was worried about keeping the Sabbath day holy though :)
Just think of it as a staycation. Your on vacation but you stay home to do something! I think going to the temple is a great Sunday activity.
Post a Comment