When you ask Hunter what his name is he says "Hunter John Davis Bendheim". Hunter is the cutest looking kid around. He's got white hair, the bluest blue eyes, long lashes, and a happy smile. He is so rough and tough. He does flips in the pool, flips on the couch, and would probably attempt a flip on the grass if I would let him. He learned to ride a bike right before he turned four, and is a fast pro at it. It took him one try to learn and he hasn't looked back. He is playing baseball this fall and likes it fine, but wishes he didn't have to hit off a T. He begs me to do gymnastics. He runs around the house punching, kicking, and karate chopping everything in sight. Hunter is definitely our energetic boy.
Hunter started preschool with Mrs. Jennifer at The Creek this year and he loves it. He's going 3 days a week, and during the fall he would complain on the days he had to stay home. He says he loves everyone in his class of all boys and one girl, but he hasn't attached himself to anyone. Or I should say he doesn't talk about anyone in particular, or ask for playdates with them. At church he is in a class of all girls and one boy. None of my friends have boys Hunters age, so he doesn't have any built in playdates. I feel like I need to make an effort to find friends for him. Luckily he's got Rocky close by in location and age. Sometimes though, Rocky prefers to play with Caroline. I'm sure that that won't last through all the years though. I'm excited for Hunter to start TK at Guin Foss next year and meet some neighborhood kids.
Hunter is quick to cry when something doesn't go his way. His favorite phrase of disappointment is "Darn it", and I think it's adorable when he says it! My mom says he's emotionally immature. Probably so. He definitely reminds me more of Luke than Joshua.
Hunter and Caroline have been sleeping together every night for close to a year now. Caroline sleeps in Hunters bed and neither one can sleep without the other. It's cute. I wonder how long it will last.
I started Caroline on piano this winter and Hunter expressed interest too. He's done great and is catching up to her quickly. He amazes me with his ear. He sings songs from church or the radio in tune better than any of the other kids. Yesterday after I taught piano, I heard Hunter humming the tune of a song that a student had been working on. My prediction is that he will be our best musician.
I feel like with homeschooling Luke last year, and then having Redge this year, Hunter hasn't been focused on enough. John has been making an effort to play and read with him a bit in the mornings. We love Hunter, and I think he's going to be a fun kid to watch grow up!
Favorite Food: cereal
Favorite Color: red
Favorite thing to do: watch tv
Favorite person: Rocky
Favorite place: Hawaii
What do you want to be when you grow up: a Cheetah
I am happy when: it's my birthday
Last thought... Hunter has a nose like none other. I eat anything and he can tell me what it was based on my breath. No sneaking snacks around this kid!
Thursday, April 14, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment