Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm crazy

And is my belly seriously this big already?!  And does my face honestly look that pasty?!  People are just not having 4 kids these days.  At least not in southern California.  When I told my aunt I was pregnant she said "Seriously?  You need help, you need to go see someone."  As I look at the caos in my life, I can't help but agree with her.  And again, no one has 4 kids anymore.  John and I have decided that 3 is the new 4.  And 4 is the old 6.  3 kids is the new bigger, but not too big family.  And 4 is the new, seriously you are crazy family.  At least that's the way I'm feeling as I reluctantly tell strangers it's not my first but my 4th. 

15 comments:

BreAnna said...

My sister was seriously popping out at 6 wks with her 4th, this one being my 2nd I'm surprised how much easier your body just give in by 4 I'm sure it's thinking "oh ya, I've got this down". I think you look great and the sooner you look pregnant instead of fat the better. You will never regret having more children, it may be crazy for awhile but as they grow and they each get to come home to a house full of a "big" family your home will be filled with so much joy, even if now it all seems a little crazy. I agree with the 3 is the new "bigger family" and 4-5 is the new crazy family.

Jan said...

Amy tells of all kinds of rude comments when she was pregnant with Owen. It's so sad that people just don't let you do what you want without making you feel bad about it. You shouldn't have to justify your baby with anyone. Congrats to you and John.

mcwally said...

YAY!! I didn't know you were expecting. Yes, it's crazy, but it's so great.

I found that with each baby people (including absolutely strangers) felt more free and easy to give me their opinion on my family. Ridiculous! Even post-#4, I still have people chime in with questions and opinions.

You look great. Yes, I popped so much faster with last one. And, just like you adjusted to three, you will adjust to four.

So excited to hear there's another one joining the Family of 6 club!! Congratulations!!
And so fun to be pregnant with sisters!

Caitlin said...

Ah! I didn't know! This is what I get for getting kicked out of Primary -- I'm totally out of the loop :) Congrats!!

kori said...

congrats! we are excited for another niece or nephew!

Kyla Armstrong said...

Hooray for baby #4! And you look fabulous.

Megan Harris said...

You look great Brooke!

The last Unicorn said...

I think it is awesome you are having 4. You are a little crazy, but I think anyone who has kids (even one) feels a little crazy at times. You just have more reasons to be :) It is going to be tough for a little bit, but in 5 or 6 years you will have 4 little helpers!

Roney Family said...

You look darling! Congrats friend. I know what you mean about the crazy looks and stares. Yeah, having four kids is like 6. Life is different now and way more demanding. Good luck. Do you know what you are having?

Anonymous said...

I think you look wonderful! I am so happy you are having another baby! More for Nana and Bop to love! This baby is so blessed to be joining your family! Life will be hectic but think of all the fun times and blessings that come with children!

jbel said...

I know I should comment on the baby bump, which is lovely (there, I did!), but ...
HOLY COW, I have NEVER seen you with your hair that long!
LOVE IT!
i'm wondering if you're going to do the new-mom/nursing-mom cut once baby #4 arrives???

back east we always said 3 was the new 5 of Mormondom, but guess what
i still felt crazy and chaotic with just 2! 3,4,5-what does it matter? i think it's crazy whenever you have more than 1!
I say more power to you. You Go Girl! Strut your baby bump around town and show 'em what you're made of!!!

Brooke said...

honestly jen I'm loving my long hair. it's so dang curly that it doesn't matter if its to my shoulders or bum it still takes a half hour to blow dry - just trying to get it smooth. i did the short cut after luke and will never do it again. it makes my life harder because it looks even worse not blown dry and i can't pull it back all the time. but yes - i have a lot of hair!

Life Is Golden said...

I had no idea... (I guess it's not like I'm just down the road and not paying enough attention...)
Super exciting... I've got two sister-in-laws with 5 kids... one with 4 and another with 3 (with no plans to stop) I'm the outcast...
We both grew up with four and look how great you and I turned out!!!
Sisters pregnant together = so fun!

Jennifer Gilmore said...

You look great and 4 is an AWESOME number. Can't wait til I am there too! :) xo - JG

Jaime said...

BROOKE!!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you. You guys make such cute babies, and you look gorgeous!!!