Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's been a while

 Here is my attempt to document the past 4 months of Carolines life.  Really it's going to be some pictures of her, and an update of her now at almost 17 months.  This first picture is back in January.  I can't believe how much her hair has grown since then!
 This one is March, and one thing this girly loves is a toothbrush.  She will go into the bathroom, find a toothbrush and toothpaste and bring it to John or I throughout the day.

 Here are Caroline and Luke having fun on a hot April day.  This was the first time Caroline every showed that she felt pretty.  We put this Tinkerbell bathing suit on her and she was prancing around like she was amazing!
Here's my almost 17 month old.  Post first haircut done by me.  (I actually think it turned out quite cute)  At 17 months this little girl still takes two naps a day.  Loves to do anything big kids are doing.  Loves to sit in big kid chairs.  Fights with Luke, and teases him.  Pushes, hits, and occasionally even bites Luke.  Loves Ruby dog, and often gets out of her cranky moods by playing with Ruby.  Wakes up from naps on the wrong side of the bed.  Loves to go outside.  Picks strawberries from the backyard and eats them up.  Has no fear of the water and could swim in the pool all day long.  (Luckily for her she got my skin, which doesn't burn very easily).   She really loves her Aunt Margot, who babysat her from 6 months to 12 months while I taught piano.  She says a few words regularly, but her vocabulary really hasn't increased that much.  She's super tough, and can walk off a scrape - However she does break down in full tears when Daddy tells her no.  She's not great at playing by herself - and really doesn't let me get much done at home - but if I invite over some extra friends, she stays entertained for hours.  She loves to be naughty, and looks for opportunities to do so. (maybe mischievous is a better word).  She spends a lot of her time in a car, and doesn't complain too much about that anymore.  She still seems like such a baby to me.  I can't believe that in another 7 months she will be two, and will no longer be the baby of the family.   Time goes by SO FAST!

6 comments:

Megan Harris said...

She wont be the baby???? Does that mean you are pregnant???

BreAnna said...

yay! lots of babies coming this fall/winter! Congrats, she's darling.

The last Unicorn said...

I like how you snuck that last comment in there! She is making a total James face in the last picture. I love this little girl and I can't believe she is almost a year and a half!

jbel said...

Megan, I caught that too ... Freudian slip?

Tiffany Odekirk said...

So exciting! Congrats!!

Roney Family said...

She is darling!! I love these pictures.