Something is wrong with my computer, so I'll add pictures later.
Me: I don't know what I was thinking by getting pregnant. I am in no way ready for another kid right now! I am however, ready to not be pregnant. Johns work schedule has been so insane over the past few months. My huge belly is getting in the way of regular things like folding laundry and picking stuff off the floor. And Caroline is a crazy little almost two year old. All these things make me think life in a month is going to be HARD! Luckily I'm a pretty optimistic person - if I can handle to mess that will for sure be in my house, then I'll be able to handle the rest of it.
Joshua: Doing great. Super easy. Liking school. Practicing the piano. Had his conference a week ago. He's at the bottom of his class for reading, and he's the top person in his class for math. At least he's strong in one of the two! I like his teachers this year, which makes it easier to send him there all day! He's got a good heart and wants to do what's right. That doesn't mean that he always chooses to do what's right, but in his heart he wants to.
Luke: This poor kid is having a hard fall. He's super easy and loving for me at home. But his emotions are all over the place. He has breakdowns at home, school, church, anywhere. I say he's easy for me at home because I can get him back to normal real quick. One thing that is a constant bother in his life is Caroline. She knows he is easy to irritate, frustrate, upset, and tease. So she takes full advantage of her power to upset Luke every chance she gets. He is my best toy player. And if I had to have one kid at home with me all day. Luke would be my easiest. He can entertain himself for hours. Caroline and Joshua not so much. Luke is also super loving, full of compliments, hugs, and words of adoration. We had the primary program this last Sunday. Both boys knew their parts and the songs. Luke decided that he was going to be grumpy though. So for the first half of the program he was pouting in his chair. Then he started dancing and trying to entertain the congregation. Then when it came time to say his line, he said "Jesus says to follow the Holy Ghost. I play pokemon and I've got a pokemon wii." Then I pulled him down by his shirt as fast as I could from the microphone. I was so embarassed, but my mom thought it was awesome. He was the only child that did something crazy.
Caroline: She is a bully, tease, and a handful. She bites, pinches, pushes, chases, steals toys, and screams to hurt noise sensitive ears. Basically she does all that to Luke and gets along great with Joshua. You know, I look at other people's kids and they just seem so calm to me. Some how I end up with the super restless energetic ones! Caroline does great in nursery. By that I mean she goes and I haven't heard any complaints. She's super independent and wishes she could buckle her own car seat, not ride in a stroller, sit in a big kid chair, etc. She is fantastic at feeding herself with a spoon. I don't think either of my boys could do that until 4! She loves her babies, and loves to go to the pantry and find herself some snacks. Her verbal skills are for sure behind. She does understand everything, and somehow gets her points communicated. She LOVES her baby cousins. When she sees them she can't leave them alone. She shares with them, tries to take care of them, and is her version of gentle. I know she will not resent our new baby. She will be so excited to have a baby in the house all the time. But because she loves babies so much, I won't be able to leave the two of them alone in a room for a minute. She'd be all to tempted to play mommy.
John: the poor guy spends all his time working, sleeping, and doing the stuff for me that I can no longer do. This morning he is at the bread run getting food, then going to costco to get a new Christmas tree, then giving the playroom a good clean - because I no longer can. After that it's off to work until the late night hours. Hopefully he too can stay sane in the next few months!
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Loved the update brooke and to hear all the things you guys have been up to. Though when you talk about Caroline I hear so much of what I use to deal with my Ella. She was so independent and gave us a run for our money. Everything she had to do on her own. But now Ella is 7 years old and all those things I felt were challenging, I now look at as a blessing. I know ella can always stand up for herself, she is independent and can do everything on her own. She can solve her owns problems and is very pleasant to be with.
Chin up, I know you are going to be having a bit of a hard time, I feel your pain, I had four kids in five years. But now since they have grown and my youngest is 3, I cant even tell you how grateful I am. The kids are all best friends. Its just a phase of life. Might be a hard one, but it wont always be this way.
Good luck!
Post a Comment