Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easter and Updates

 I just love dressing my kids alike.  I'm sure I will as long as they let me do so.  I have been so bad with keeping up with the blog lately.  And when I do get to it, I just want to post pictures rather than words, but I know in the end, it's the words I like to look back on.  So here we go on some updates of the older 3.  
Joshua - almost 7!  I can't believe how old he is getting.  He has a sweet, kind, obedient, and serving heart.  That doesn't mean his actions always show it, but in his heart it's all there.  He is doing really well in school, however his teachers complain on how slow moving he is.  Basically he doesn't finish his school projects - but they are okay with it for now because he understands everything.  We are working on getting him to be a faster mover, but I think it might be a genetic thing (Daddy!).  He is a huge help to me at home, and I always enjoy having him around.  He is still a talker (like he's been since he was 2).   He will stop in the middle of a soccer game to come over and tell me what's going on in the game.  He's doing piano with me, and does a great job.  I'm not as consistent with him as I could be.  But regardless he's doing great.   He loves playing tetherball - and that's usually what he does in his free time at home.  He's getting so big (especially when compared to a small mom).  I can squeeze my foot into his shoes now, and I know before long our t-shirts will be the same size!  Joshua knows the difference between right and wrong, and tries to do what is right.  He also loves rules and routines.   He constantly checks up on John and I when we are driving to make sure we aren't going over the speed limit.  
Luke is 5!  Can you believe it!  I can't.  At 5 Luke is loving, affectionate, energetic, and emotional.  Right now he has mounds of energy and seems to bounce off the walls of wherever we take him.  He is constantly jumping up to grab Hunter as we hold him, and I am constantly pushing him away from Hunter.  Luke has been so excited to turn 5.  He had about 3 birthday celebrations and wishes he could have 3 more.  He still loves to dress up, loves to play with his toys, and loves his screens.  I have to force him to play outside.  Luke doesn't innately choose the right.  He definitely thinks it's okay to lie, or to do something wrong as long as you don't get caught.  He has shown Caroline the ways of hiding while being naughty.  I think Luke will always have a special place in my heart.  I feel for him - especially when it comes to his siblings.  He gets picked on from both ends, then he turns to maul Hunter with his love and he gets pushed away by me.  So we try and give him as much positive attention as we can.  He gets rewarded from what we would have expected without question out of Joshua at this age. But that's okay, I'm glad Luke isn't growing up too fast.  I can still hold him on my lap and get a great hug from him.  Nothing is more joyful than this kids happy smile!
Caroline has gotten easier in the last few months.  She's become slightly more obedient, and slightly less cranky.  This is making my days a lot better.  She loves being a little mommy.  She sits next to me on the couch as I feed Hunter and nurses her doll, while playing on her toy computer.  She burps her baby on her lap, and then feeds her again.  She takes her baby on walks, in the car, and down for naps. It's really cute.   She carries a purse, wears sunglasses, and loves lipstick.  She calls family on her toy phone all the time.  Occasionally she'll even call a friend of mine.  She loves for me to sing to her when I put her to bed.  Her favorite bedtime song is 'I know that my Savior Loves Me'.  We sing the whole song with actions and she loves it.  She is the queen of snacking (which we need to stop letting her do) and she still is addicted to her paci (which we need to take away).   She's ready to be potty trained, but it's too much for me to deal with right now.   And biggest news of all - she's pool safe.  She can swim the width of the pool doing swim, roll over on her back to breathe, swim, roll etc.  I'm so proud of her skills.   She loves her teacher and gets excited to go each Saturday to lessons.  
I think I'm going to wait to give a Hunter update.  I can only write so much in one sitting.  So here are my adorable kids.  I am grateful for each of them.  How empty our life would be without them.   

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a busy family! I will dress us alike as long as they tolerate it too!

Anonymous said...

I love those kiddos too! They are very precious!

Nancy said...

Your family is so beautiful! I'm so glad that with all you have to do...you make time to share your thoughts and pictures of your family. They are precious!