I'm a little behind writing this. Hunter's 9 month birthday was this last weekend - so I'm hoping to remember all I can about 8 months. After weeks of mastering downward dog, and a sturdy plank position, Hunter started crawling on July 25th. Just as soon has he started crawling he also started pulling himself up on everything. He went very quickly from a baby to wanting to be as big as the other kids! Unfortunately for him this has meant lots of falling down and bonked heads. But it doesn't stop him from continually standing up everywhere he can. He also got his bottom two teach shortly after he started to crawl. You can see the swollen gums in the picture right above.
At 8 months Hunter is energetic, not satisfied with sitting still at all. Most of all he just wants to be into everything that all the other kids are. He's on 3 meals a day and about 5 bottles. And he's napping twice a day. He's a good sleeper, but needs his noise machine. I even had Robin bring it up to Montana for me, and it made a big difference. Hunter is not shy, he give smiles and will even go to strangers if they give him attention. He loves to cry/complain to me. He will be perfectly happy until he sees me and then will just start whining. I'd say at this age he's outgrown his super easy personality he had from 0-7 months, and replaced it with opinions, energy, and curiosity. I think he's just about the cutest baby ever. But I think I thought that for each of my kids. Every mother must. He had lots of fun playing with his older cousin (by three months), Rocky, in Montana. As I write this we are in Hawaii with all the Davis - we arrived yesterday, and I'm excited for Hunter to get his bonding time with Tate and Porter - who are just 6 weeks older. Hunter is a lucky boy with 5 boy cousins and 1 girl cousin all within 6 months of his age.
I just love Hunter. I'm so grateful that we got him.









No comments:
Post a Comment