Thursday, August 1, 2013

Homes

We moved to our home right before Joshua's first birthday.  Luke, Caroline, and Hunter were all born there and it's the only house Joshua remembers.  We've spent hours in our pool and playroom, and I've taught so many students in our living room.  We lost Ruby there (still miss her lots).  The most physically taxing child rearing years have been spent at that house.  All the sleepless nights, the feeding of newborns, the crawling, and walking, and temper tantruming.  It's been a good house to us!

This month we say good buy to our house on D Lane and move into a new house just a mile away.  When Hunter was born we started looking for a new house.  We had outgrown our 3 bedrooms and were loosing too much sleep with 3 kids in one room.  Over the corse of the year and a half we were looking our criteria grew to include a 1/2 acre lot as well.  There are so many big lots around us, I knew if we held out - one would come up eventually.  We ended up being very lucky -  Through friends we learned that their neighbor had been fixing up there house to sell for a couple of years.  Knowing the house had a large lot, we approached the owner, and they agreed to sell it to us!  Going through the buying process without a realtor was LONG and frustrating at times.  But it's done and we are so excited.  We are excited for Caroline to have her own room, and not to be sleeping on a cot or in a pack and play, like she has been for the last 20 months.  We are excited to be living on a small, private, country road that no one drives down.  We are excited for a big backyard with lots of fruit trees, a separate place for the chickens, and lots of potential.  We will miss our old pool with it's big baja step for little kids - but the new one will be great for my older kids.

I don't know if the kids will even remember our D house.  It's sad to leave it, but we are so excited for our future in our new home.  It's going to be an amazing place to continue raising our kids, and a place John and I can stay in forever.

3 comments:

Qwendykay said...

Hooray for a new house!! You will love it. I still can't bring myself to sell our old house, in fact I've been working on a post about the old house.

Megan Harris said...

So exciting!!! Can't wait to see pics!

amyminette said...

Hey guys!! I need your new address! Email me at tamortensen@sbcglobal.net