Monday, February 10, 2014

Hunter John, the 2 year update

Hunter is a happy little boy.  He is full of love and energy.  He hops, runs, and climbs everywhere.  He has no fear of anything, and is by far our most athletic kid.  He is articulate and reasonable, which is something I haven't seen in a kid since Joshua.  His logic and reason are a huge help in parenting!

Hunter is the happiest toddler we have had.  He always has a smile on his face.  He is so enthusiastic about life.  He greets us with big hugs and smiles every time we see him.  I don't think there is anything better in the world than a big hug from Hunter!

Hunter has been an attached toddler, also like Joshua.  Only this month (after 8 months) has he started attending Nursery at church by himself.  Luckily he knows his babysitters well so that hasn't been a problem.  Though he is attached, he isn't shy, and definitely holds his own amongst his peers or even those older than him.  We are trying to teach him to speak and act respectfully toward adults.

Hunter can express almost anything he needs to with his words.  His speech is almost just as good as Carolines.  And he uses his mouth to boss around anyone who lets him.  Mostly Macy, the dog, and his siblings.  He often uses a mean bossy voice with me, and I always tell him he can't talk to me like that, he then changes to the sweetest little voice and repeats the same words.  I'm sure this just says that I use a mean voice too often.  Kids are great at mimicing your mistakes!

Hunter gets into everything.  Caroline has taught him well and I am loosing my marbles with the destruction this kid does everyday.  I have heard a story or two from my childhood about dumping out the flour or getting into my moms make-up, but with this kid it will be THE story of his childhood.  That being said, there are moments (few and far between) that him and Caroline will play so well with their toys, in their rooms.  I think it's comical that I praise him so much when he plays with HIS toys.  Right before Christmas while we were trying to work on moving Hunter gave Nana a scare by sneaking out of bed and into the bathroom where he got into a bottle of sleeping pills.  After a 3 hour visit to the emergency room, they decided he probably didn't eat any.  But that is a perfect example of Hunter, loose him for a minute and disaster strikes.

Hunter loved Christmas and still talks about it all the time.  Everything he has ever been given is from Santa.  He loves to say "wa ha ha", sounding like a mad scientist, but he thinks he's saying "ho, ho, ho" like Santa.

Hunter loves being two.  When you ask him how old he is he always says 'four' with a big smile on his face.  He's such a tease.  After teasing he will say he is actually 'two'.  I could easily have Hunter potty trained.  He can go to the bathroom on the potty anytime I have him try.  I'm just not ready for the inconvenience of it.  Right now it is easier to let him pee his diaper wherever we are, rather than having to find a potty.

Hunter loves to sing Little Old House in the Middle of the Woods, Popcorn Popping, and Follow the Prophet.  His favorite food is eggs.  Well really its candy, or anything naughty he can find in the pantry.  However if it's a meal, his request is always eggs.  He always wants to say the prayer at meal time - and he does an excellent job of it!  He gets mad at anyone else bowing their head or folding their arms because he thinks that means they are going to say the prayer instead of him.  We love our full of life Hunter - and are so glad he's ours!

No comments: