As I type this post title I can't believe that little little Caroline is already 4 years old. I remember so well posting about her in the hospital just after she was born. It's amazing how fast time goes by.
My last update on Caroline was full of her difficulty. I am so excited that today's is going to be so much more positive. Caroline, by far, has been my most difficult child. We have definitely not gotten along for a while, and she really was what made many of my days just unbearable. However, these last few months have gotten so much better. I am enjoying spending time with her, and look for opportunities to! She is more reasonable, and even more obedient. She is just a happier person. My mom would say she's always been adorable and happy - and I'm sure that is true. She's always been a gem to everyone but me. In October I sat in her parent teacher conference at preschool and Mrs. Jennifer was telling me how well she does in class, and I just started crying. I was just so glad that at least for 6 hours a week she was somewhere having positive interactions with people and flourishing. Only 3 1/2 months have passed since that conference, but I don't think I would break down in a conference today. Home is finally a positive place for her. YEAH!!
With friends and family Caroline is still a boss and a leader. She loves to direct everyone. She loves babies, pretend or real. She loves all homemaking play things. She is a great independent player. I never worry about her getting bored. BUT - she still gets into everything with Hunter. Somedays it's their mission to do as much havoc as they can while my back is turned. She's mischievous and tries to get anyone younger than her to do naughty things. She will tell friends and younger cousins 'say no to your mommy', 'go get those cookies', or any other naughty thing.
In public Caroline is very shy and reserved. She will hide behind my legs, hold my hand, and not want to do anything alone. It's interesting how she can be so assertive and reserved at the same time.
For Caroline's 4th birthday I took just her to Disneyland. We had the most fun. It was the first time I've ever done something one on one with Caroline, and it was the best. We spent the morning in California Adventure, had lunch at Ariels Grotto - where she got to meet all the princesses. Then we headed over to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique, where Caroline was made into Princess Belle. She did not say a word during the entire makeover. The fairy godmother was talking to her the whole time. Every time she asked Caroline a question, she turned to me to see how she should respond. Depending on my prompt, she would then either shake her head no or yes, always with a huge smile. When the make-over was complete she got her picture taken and then headed over to once again meet the real princesses. She felt just like a princess and it was such a fun day for the two of us!
Caroline is not my most scholastic child. I still can't get her to count to 5 without skipping 3. She doesn't know any of her letters or numbers by sight. (to make sure I was writing accurately, I just called her over to quiz her, I pointed to the letter A and asked her if she knew what letter it was. Her response was '4'.) But she does have an amazing imagination. And she could probably also babysit herself and even Hunter too! She's even started potty training Hunter for me - without me asking her too. She just takes him to the potty and get's him to go. Hopefully the learning catches up in the next year.
Caroline loves pink, princess things, Elsie, Gentry and Livy. She's a great at giving cuddles. She always falls asleep on my lap on movie night. She's has a beautiful sheepish smile. She hates getting her hair combed, loves getting her nails painted, and is obsessed with chapstick.
I am so glad to have Caroline as my girl. I'm grateful she's ours and am excited for all the fun we get to have for the rest of our lives!
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I love sweet Caroline and we all miss her. This post gives me hope that James will get better in the next 6 months! We have good days and bad. Looking forward to more good days :)
Post a Comment