I'm laying on my bed with no energy or desire to resurrect myself to clean my kitchen counters or floors, or even unload and reload the dishwasher. I need to go to the grocery store, and I just can't find the will or energy. If I hadn't had to go replace a $1500 cello today (because Hunter broke it beyond repair), I think I would have tried to talk Kelsey into coming over and doing all my work for me - or at least run to the store. But because of my recent spending, I can't justify paying Kelsey for doing something that I am so capable of doing. So after picking up pizza from Little Ceasars for dinner I was thinking about how I'm so worn out, but have accomplished nothing to show for my day. I hate how so much of what I do cannot be measured for satisfaction. It makes me feel so unaccomplished. So I thought, I need to write down my accomplishments for the day, so that at least on paper I can feel like I've done something, even if there is nothing physically in my house to show for it.
Today I wanted to clean my kitchen, do all the kids laundry, grocery shop, and bake some sheet cakes for Luke's baptism next week. None of that was done. Today I ran my 5 miles, showered, taught 1 piano lesson, homeschooled Luke, and drove to Lakewood to buy a new cello.
Not a great list, but it's a list to show something was done.
Friday, March 20, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment