Friday, August 8, 2008

Family Fun

So the past couple of weeks have been tuns of fun. John joined us for 4 days - I only wish he could have stayed longer. It was so great to have everyone together. I feel bad for him home alone for the month that we are here.

This summer has been beautiful. Clear, colorful, and no fires! The water, however, has been about 68 degrees - which is below what it usually is. But I'd take cold water over smokey skies any day.
John got into the water on the coldest morning of the summer with no wet suit to go wake boarding... I don't know how he does it!
Joshua and Luke have loved throwing rocks in the lake for Maggie. Maggie goes crazy and swims like a duck, ducking her head underwater to search for the thrown rocks. Yesterday Luke actually crawled hands first into the lake and didn't even seem to mind the wetness until a wave came up and knocked him.
This is Luke's absolute favorite thing to do. He loves the wave runner and can stay out there for ever. He definitely has a lot less fear than Joshua.
Yesterday we took the boat to Lake MacDonald in Glacier. It was an awesome day. My mom stayed home with Luke and I am so grateful for that. We stayed on the lake for several hours - which would have been impossible with him.



Here's a shot of my dad skiing. I've got equally good shots of my two brothers - but this post is already way too picture overloaded!
Joshua and Aunt Robin. And below the Bendheim kids and Joshua. Check out the awesome background.So this picture is to rectify Tanner. He got mad at the post mission picture I put up in the last post saying he was white and skinny. So here you go Tanner. I don't think you can complain about this one!Okay so this is what I should have looked like getting ready to water ski at Lake MacDonald...But there was NO WAY I was going to brave 68 degree water. So the space suit was a must. So that bubble in the water is me in my moms dry suit, which honestly was awesome. I had sweats on underneath. And though the dry suit didn't completely work because it was too big, I couldn't have cared less. I'd rather have wet sweats than have the anxiety and pain of cold water!

7 comments:

kori said...

I love all the pics. That one of Joshua in the hat is super cute. I'm glad you got in the water-even if it was in the space suit! We miss you guys

The last Unicorn said...

I am so glad you posted some pics! I feel like the boys look bigger than a few weeks ago. I miss you all! That is an awesome pic of Tanner. All I have to say is... wow!

Nancy said...

You can NEVER have too many pictures of your cute family! It looks like you are having a great time. What wonderful memories for you and the boys...Something they will always remeber!

stacy said...

Fun pictures! I LOVE your hair in the picture of you, John and Luke. I am envious of your body in the bathing suit picture. Thanks for posting how cute you look there while I am wallowing in postpartum squishy belly body! :-)

jenniho ♥ said...

Enjoy your peace and tranquiliy...The Tanner clan will be there soon!

Carly said...

That's a great post- everyone's going blog post crazy- I love that you wore your mom's dry suit- I would have done the same thing- way too cold. The picture of cute Luke with the hat on is precious, I love it. I am glad you guys get to enjoy being together up in Montana for so long. Enjoy!

mandy said...

That dry suit is hilarious!! It looks so beautiful there. I'm jealous.