Saturday, July 26, 2008

Doesn't Get Much Better

So we made it - I forgot my camera cord, so I'll have John bring it up next week. These pictures are from last year. We got up here Wednesday night at 10:45pm. The boys did really well on the flight despite Joshua having an ear infection and therefore having gotten no sleep the night before - as well as a massive case of diarrhea. I think the later was the hardest part. Neither boy slept on the flights but I can't complain because I was expecting a lot worse. They were both good kids. From day one here Joshua has had an agenda. And he keeps rattling off everything he wants to do.... "I want to see bears, and reindeer, and a moose, and go for a walk in the forest, and climb the mountain, and go water skiing, and surfing, and go in the lake and the jacuzzi. He's doing pretty good on that list. Walk in the forest - easy, my parents property is the forest. He's seen a deer, and a bald eagle flew out of one of our trees and swooped down over the lake right in front of him. He saw what he believed was a moose - thank goodness for a house on the lake with a fake moose (very realistic looking) in their yard. Joshua was determined to see a moose (Tyrone is a moose). I haven't let him go in the lake yet because of the ear infection but I think today is the day. So he'll be nervous and excited about that.
The boys are of course loving the attention from Bop, Grammie and Uncle Redge. Uncle Tanner and Aunt Robin come in about a week. And Daddy comes even sooner. Obviously one of the best things about this area is the natural beauty. There are amazing plants and flowers growing everywhere. We've picked huckleberries just up the road from us. And last night we baked a pie made from wild berries found right on our property. Joshua picked some daisy's for my mom yesterday - So listen to what he said last night in his prayers. Well first let me say that Joshua always blesses Henry (the penguin), Oswald (the octopus), and Daisy (the flower) - all characters on the Nick show "Oswald" - in his prayers at night. Last night he said "Please bless Henry, and Oswald, and daisy's that don't talk and you pick for people." He's so cute.
Luke is trying to do everything that Joshua does. And it is so funny for me to watch his mind work and think "no fair, I want to do that" and then go for it. He LOVES the boat and would jump out into the lake if I let go of him. He's had lots of fun in the cub den and playing at the park. I have yet to get him in the water - but we've only been here two days. I am looking forward to all the fun we are going to have. It just doesn't get much better than this!

6 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

I am glad to hear you survived the trip over! Poor Joshua... but it sounds like he has recovered quickly :)
You guys are going to have so much fun out there. I wish we could have made it this year...
Dreams about pumpkin pies huh? Maybe I will have to see if there is a gluten free recipe for that one!

Melissa said...

So glad you survived the trip, Brooke. It looks heavenly there. I love our trips to Whitefish, so many memories! It's so peaceful and serene. Can't wait till it's our turn to come up! Hope Joshua accomplishes everything on his list! A couple of more years and Luke will be right behind him! Loved the prayer about daisies that don't talk. So sweet and adorable!

Roney Family said...

How fun that you are there. I hope you have a great time. How nice to be able to go for so long!

kori said...

I'm glad you survived the plane ride. I was really feeling bad for you once John told us Joshua had diahrrea and an ear infection.

Looks like you're having a great time. Tell Joshua and Luke hi from uncle brad & aunt koko

Qwendykay said...

Wow, that looks AMAZING! So beautiful. And I'm super impressed you made the plane trip! I can't wait to see more pictures

Anonymous said...

That picture of me is from last summer right after I got off the mission...you can't use it for this year! And I look really white and weak!! I'm tan and ripped now so lets get a more up to date picture up eh?!