Don't ask why I have time to blog at 2:01 on 12/21. The story is just depressing and involves 7 hours not flying to Montana. The good thing - John gets a nap, and I get to post a few pictures. The weekend before Thanksgiving we went up to Lake Arrowhead with the Davis' - even Dana and Chase! - and had a great time!
Lukey and aunt Lori swinging - and Joshua looking cute next to the Thanksgiving tree and warm fire.
So... Robin and Redge come back from a visit to Boston last June raving about all little Ellie's skills (she's about 6 months older than Luke). Most impressive was that she could feed herself. I wondered then why Lukey wasn't developing that same skill - but realized it's 100% my fault. I just can't handle the mess! This is what happens when I give him the spoon.

So as everyone knows, Luke has been my very difficult child for the past 6-7 months. I am happy to report that he is getting so much easier. Since November his vocabulary has blossomed - he tries to repeat everything, and has his own little phrases that make me laugh. I think his first official word was "there he is". Before he was saying any single words regularly he was saying "there he is" anytime anyone was looking for anything. Other Luke favorites are "I did it!" and "I got it!" He knows all the backyardigans by name - and is overusing "baby Jesus" this Christmas Season. My parents have a snow globe of Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus... Luke trying to explain this to me said "baby Jesus... bubble". He is obsessed with pasta - and says the word "pasta" in the funniest, lowest voice. He calls Robin "ra ba" and both Bob and Grammie are "Bop". "Nana" is an easy one for him. He adores Joshua and Ruby - though he's a little rough with both of them. Poor Joshua is expected to take all the abuse and give none back. The same could be said for Ruby. He's had about 3 real time outs - and they were awesome. He sat on the step and put in his time, crying the whole while. It's great to have him at an age where he can get consequences for bad behavior. I think that over the next 6 months life is going to be a lot calmer in our house.
Last night we went to "A night in Bethlehem" at Joshua's Preschool. I thought it was pretty cool - and definitely something to be repeated. Though I'd make sure John could come next time. It's just to wearing to try and keep up with kids going in different directions with a too heavy purse over my shoulder. Honestly, I think it was the purse that did me in. This is Joshua's preschool teacher Mrs. Jennifer.
Here's Joshua grinding up some real frankincense that we got to take home.
This is what the boys wanted to be doing all night - and what Luke kept escaping to do.
cute kids
They had a donkey - llama - goats - chickens - and lots more animals in the manger for the kids to pet and see.
These past 3 months have just been an insane whirlwind of business for me. I feel like I've been pulled in so many directions, had so many commitments, and have just been under so much pressure and stress. Last year John and I had a talk about how we didn't want to be over committed parents - or have our families or kids over committed. We want to keep our day to day life as stress free as possible. I need to refocus, decommit, and destress so that I can actually enjoy these months and years as I'm living them.
So as everyone knows, Luke has been my very difficult child for the past 6-7 months. I am happy to report that he is getting so much easier. Since November his vocabulary has blossomed - he tries to repeat everything, and has his own little phrases that make me laugh. I think his first official word was "there he is". Before he was saying any single words regularly he was saying "there he is" anytime anyone was looking for anything. Other Luke favorites are "I did it!" and "I got it!" He knows all the backyardigans by name - and is overusing "baby Jesus" this Christmas Season. My parents have a snow globe of Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus... Luke trying to explain this to me said "baby Jesus... bubble". He is obsessed with pasta - and says the word "pasta" in the funniest, lowest voice. He calls Robin "ra ba" and both Bob and Grammie are "Bop". "Nana" is an easy one for him. He adores Joshua and Ruby - though he's a little rough with both of them. Poor Joshua is expected to take all the abuse and give none back. The same could be said for Ruby. He's had about 3 real time outs - and they were awesome. He sat on the step and put in his time, crying the whole while. It's great to have him at an age where he can get consequences for bad behavior. I think that over the next 6 months life is going to be a lot calmer in our house.
Last night we went to "A night in Bethlehem" at Joshua's Preschool. I thought it was pretty cool - and definitely something to be repeated. Though I'd make sure John could come next time. It's just to wearing to try and keep up with kids going in different directions with a too heavy purse over my shoulder. Honestly, I think it was the purse that did me in. This is Joshua's preschool teacher Mrs. Jennifer.









4 comments:
Oh! What happened?? I hope you get there soon! Thanks for last night, it was so much fun!
I love all the pictures! Luke is adorable. I know exactly what you mean about over commiting, I did that in the past. It is sad but I have learned to say no and just find a balance! About the feeding. I feel for you, I had a hard time letting go. But then when I realized it is okay and I will just clean it up, everything worked out! Good luck!!!!!
Fantastic Goal. Let me know how it works out for you so I can make it work for me. Apparently my idea of not overcomitting is not the same as other folks. I am excited to see how you do.
wondering if something like a stomach flu kept your little family from the flight ... no fun to miss going with everyone ... hopefully you'll catch up to them soon though! whenever I read about Luke being your difficult child, I get MAJOR flash backs to Kaley at that age. she was SO DIFFICULT! preschool helps a lot. love it. get him in as soon as you can!!!
Post a Comment