Monday, December 29, 2008

Montana

So here are way too many pictures - but trust me - I seriously cut down the amount I could have posted. Obviously we were in Montana for Christmas and had an amazing time.
My Parents flew up a few days before us and got the house all decorated. Christmas tree, garland, stockings, outside lights, outside Christmas tree, and more. It was beautiful.







We arrived Monday night, though we were supposed to get there on Sunday afternoon. All that cold weather we'd been having up and down the west coast did a number on the whole air flight situation! Luckily, we made it with out having to drive any leg of the journey. And... we discovered that allegiant air, out of Las Vegas, has some wicked cheap tickets to Montana! On February 9th, a one way ticket is only $29!

Once up there, we had tons of time to shop for presents, bake, play in the snow, ski, and decorate this amazing gingerbread house.

Joshua did great helping out - Luke just ate the candy.

Luke's vocabulary is growing so fast. The funny thing, however, is that he calls himself "baby". When asked who this is in the picture he responds "baby".


This is Christmas eve - eating dinner - wearing hats - Joshua assigning us all a backyardigan character to be - and finally getting visited by the elf.






Christmas morning was full of excitement and lots of presents. Lukey was very excited to get his own sunglasses (after Joshua got some from Nana). When asked who this picture is of, Luke responds "hey dude".
You've got to love the seriously batmanesk face this child is giving the camera.


This is a picture of what Santa brought the boys.

So Luke is in love with pasta. And - you've got to hear the way he says that word. It is so funny! In this picture he's in the middle of saying "Pastaaaa!" with his deep pasta-saying voice.

And here comes the massive run of playing in the snow pictures. I can't even describe to you how beautiful it was. The entire property was blanketed in snow. Amazing.










The boys catching snow flakes in their mouth.





10 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

Montana looks beautiful all covered in snow!!!! You got some great pics of the boys. .Joshua's cheeks look so rosy in those Christmas pics and I love the pasta pic of Luke! You will have to show me some of your photo skills. We got a new camera for Christmas

jenniho ♥ said...

My fav are the picts outdoors with the snow falling...Gorgeous! Looks like fun!

Qwendykay said...

Wow those pictures are AMAZING!!! It looks like so much fun! And how awesome of your parents to decorate it all before you got there. I can't imagine hanging lights out in the snow. BRRRRR!

Shandra and Christian said...

This pictures turned out so good Brooke. They belong in a magazine or something. Should be framed. Glad you enjoyed your Christmas. Montana looks beautiful.

Roney Family said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I love all the pictures and the kids are adorable!!!

Megan Harris said...

Great picture Brooke - you have a beautiful family!!!

Kyla Armstrong said...

I'm so jealous! It looks like it was magical. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas for next year. There are new pictures and info on my blog:)

Lynt said...

Please don't apologize for the random post! I love connections like that! My husband, Redge, is named after a college friend of his parents'. The friend goes by "Redge" but his full name is "Reginald." My husband is just "Redge." That's his full name. We've never met any other Redge's either! Thanks for stopping by our blog! You have a beautiful family! Happy New Year!

Lyndee Edwards Hudson

stacy said...

The snow looks fun when you think about it as a place to visit. I don't love the snow in my driveway. I have a love/hate relationship with the snow in my backyard. Your kids make it look so beautiful!

Nancy said...

These are amazing pictures.What a perfect way to spend the holidays!