Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our tree and my funny guys

So, along with an update, here are some pictures of our Christmas tree - which I love putting up, and hate taking down each year! Today was Joshua's first Sunday in Primary. I just got called to be the primary chorister, so I was in there with him for the first time also today. Sharing time was first - and they were talking about the parable of talents. The primary president opened it up to the kids, and asked if any of them have talents. So the kids started responding - mostly the older ones. Joshua turns and whisper yells to me "Mommy, am I a good boy?". I respond "Yes, Joshua, you're a good boy." Then he shouts out "I have a talent"... he's ignored... "I have a talent"... ignored again... a third time "I have a talent"... "Joshua, what's your talent"... "Umm... I eat Backyardigan fruit snacks."
During singing time, you've obviously got to be fair and not call on one kid twice before each kid has had a chance to participate. I told the children, while practicing a song, that whomever sang the loudest and most reverent would be chosen next. Joshua, who had already had a turn, sang with more heart than you can imagine. His face was a combo of a boy trying to poop - and a dad yelling advice to his son during a soccer game. He was singing with all he had, and it killed me not to call on the kid.

Luke has two words that tickle me - Wow and OK. He's using them all the time. Anytime anyone does something cool - or he sees something interesting - it's "WOW". I took the boys to Sea World on Thursday, and Luke couldn't stop saying "wow!". His "OK" is cracking me up, because he is constantly using it appropriately, but rarely means it. He'll agree to do anything I ask him - now if I could just get him to actually do it!
The Christmas tree is in the garage as of today, and our house is in the process of getting completely reorganized. It's been my project this past week. I've done the Kitchen, my closet, the hall closet, Joshua's closet, the pantry, and my bathroom. Up next... Luke's closet. John did the garage before Montana - and it's about 90% done - which is amazing! Happy New Year!

5 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

I miss those boys!!! I can't believe all the organizing you are doing... way to start the new year off right!

Carly said...

Loved the updates! I have been a terrible blogger lately! I adore Joshua- the talent comment has me still laughing. I love what they say!

jenniho ♥ said...

Brooke - Your life sounds like the mirror of mine! I have been the chorister for about a year and a half and Tanner started Sunbeams on Sunday too! SO CUTE! I'm in the middle of organizing my house right now too. I love to go through things and throw thing out!! If you have any great singing time ideas pass them on!

Caitlin said...

I loved Joshua's talent -- he's such a crack-up!

jbel said...

beautiful tree ... fun kids ... cute comments ... clean garage ... life seems so good!