Saturday, January 17, 2009

Italian Class

I've been meaning to take my camera to Italian Class forever - but trying to get there by 9am on Saturday morning with kids that just don't want to cooperate - I always seem to forget it. Today, the morning Joshua fell off his bar stool and is still crying about it (I think he honestly is hurt - he says his neck hurts - we're having a hard day) I actually remembered the camera. Joshua has been going since I was pregnant with Luke - and next year gets to go to a class all by himself :)!!! Of course Luke and I will still be in the mommy and me.
Here's Joshua doing the opposites song - this is his 'felice'.

Luke and I always end up at snack/play time about 10 minutes before everyone because the kid just can't take staying in the classroom any longer.

The teachers daughter is always nice enough to help Joshua with his craft as I'm dealing with Luke. Today they learned about the body parts.


Joshua definitely doesn't speak Italian, but there is no English spoken for the entire 90 minute class, and I figure 10 years of this is bound to give him some skills!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

i said the kids don't speak italian - but as Luke was just looking at the pictures the first thing he said was 'cial' - so it must be sinking in.

kori said...

you are becoming quite the photographer. your pics looks good!

jenniho ♥ said...

That class is so cool. I think it's a really great thing to learn a language and especially while they're so young and can absorb so much!

jbel said...

wow- I can't believe Joshua lasts the full 90 minutes ... impressive!

Roney Family said...

That is so awesome of you. Reagan loves to teach the kids Italian! What a great Mommy you are!