Luke woke up at 4:50am - I didn't get him, but shut my door so I couldn't hear his complaining and tried to sleep longer.
I ran outside to take out the trash cans so we wouldn't miss the trash man 2 weeks in a row, to discover that the gardener was here 8 hours earlier than usual.
I then proceeded to the backyard in a mad rush to pick up all the poop from 4 dogs. That is including the massive and nasty poop from Benson.
While picking up a full grocery bag of poop (it had been 2 days since I had last done it) the gardener comes in the backyard and gets charged by all four dogs who I haven't had a chance to put away.
I try to tell him I need 5 more minutes - the communication is lost in translation. He stands there with his motor running, dogs barking.
I am going as fast as possible picking up poop and I realize I have dog poop all over my hands.
I am disgusted.
I come inside after throwing the dog poop away and wash my hands repeatedly in the kitchen sink, while Joshua is fake crying at my side for who knows what reason.
I look at the breakfast sandwiches in the pannini grill I put on for the boys and John before I realized the trash cans weren't out - and see a mess of melted cheese covering the grill. At least the sandwiches weren't burnt!
Joshua starts crying, as I'm cutting up the sandwiches, about how he wants yogurt with cereal on it.
I tell him too bad.
The crying escalates, and I give in. I make him yogurt with cereal on it, and give Luke the sandwich.
Joshua starts it up again... he wants the sandwich too. So he gets both in front of him.
I give Luke a sippy cup of milk - and go to do something.
I return to the kitchen to find Luke's milk soaked sandwich on the ground, because he thinks it's hilarious to throw his food on the ground. He has also sipped in the contents of his sippy cup and spit it out all over the floor. What he couldn't get to the floor he spilled onto his tray and proceeded to lap up like a dog.
I tell him to stop spitting and throwing food.
He smiles at me and launches more soaked bread onto the floor. He then tells me he's a 'bad boy'.
I take off Luke's pj's because they are soaked in milk - and decide he's done with breakfast. I then go over to Joshua who has finished his sandwich and not touched the cereal with yogurt.
It is 8:17am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









11 comments:
the joys of motherhood....
I love you Brooke...you deserve a mom medal today.
You do deserve a medal today! Just try to look at the picture in the post entry below this one...it softens the day a bit! Hang in there!
What a morning! You make me feel normal, thanks for sharing. Love you and hang in there.
I want to apologize for laughing. I can imagine your frustration, (having been in a similar place last night), but it made me smile.
Wow, that was exhausting just to read. Supermom! Things to look forward to.
And they say motherhood is the best job in the world! (It is by the way! You get your reward with grandchildren!) Love ya!
Oh man those days are frustrating! Thats hilarious :) Hang in there woman! And then at night you hug and kiss them and tuck them in and do it all over the next day :)
ah, i've had those days/moments etc.
it's refreshing when someone else has them AND shares about it.
way to keep it real on your blog.
so when are we all going to get together for dinner again? I'll hit up Patience with that question too. I think she was going to host next.
Been there done that... except I'm no supermom so there are no breakfast panini's. We are not morning people, so you get a banana and a yogurt drink in the car.
If your looking for a gardener who you don't have to clean up for, I've got a fabulous one. He's been doing this house for 15-20 years. He even has a waiting list, but I can get you in, and moved up. ;)
Oh man! It's too late for me to turn back now! :)
Post a Comment