Monday, June 8, 2009

Joshua's Birthday


So this year Joshua got his first birthday party with all his little friends. He was so excited for it, and it took a while to convince him he wasn't turning 5 - seeing as we did the party almost a month after his real birthday. Lots of his little preschool friends, and some family friends came to the party. Both grandma's gave John and I tons of help. Joshua was so good at introducing every guest as they arrived - I even had mom's ask me if I worked to get him to do that - but I hadn't, it was just his own thing. We had Grammie doing face painting, pin the tie on pablo, a pinata, and an obstacle course ending with water balloons thrown at daddy!! Joshua is getting so big and I am loving it - though I'm sure his growing will happen all too quickly. It's fun letting him do special things, or letting him in on secrets, because he's a big boy. He's very physical and want to touch everything and everyone. The face he gets when he grabs Ruby's ears reminds me of myself as a kid wanting to bite Robin's nose. So I know he get it from me - but we are working on keeping our hands to ourselves, unless he asks first. This is mostly to save the dog, and strangers from unwanted 'pets' of pokes. SO here are a few pictures from the day....

4 comments:

Dana and Chase said...

so fun!!! im so jealous!that looks like the coolest party ever! i love johns face with the waterballon. classic!

jbel said...

Although it was Joshua's big day, I have to say my fav photo is the one of Luke at the top bc instead of having paint on his face, it's all over his legs and arms ... seems so Lukey!!!
Congrats to Joshua though ... big brother is another year older!

Roney Family said...

How fun! Glad that he had such a good time at his Birthday party!! Great job!

Jenny said...

Looks like so much fun. I'm so sad we missed it. :( Dang Colds!