Friday, September 3, 2010

The School Year Begins

I cannot believe that Caroline has already figured out how to feed Ruby! As I am doing this post, she is picking cheerios off her highchair and throwing them down to ruby!

Now on to the exciting stuff!  Luke started preschool last week.  He has the same teacher Joshua had 2 years ago.  He is loving every second of it and loving being a big boy.  I'm a little nervous about how he's going to behave, but so far so good.  His teacher has assured me he hasn't been a bully.  Yesterday in the car, however, Luke said "I gotta get those guys... Aiden and Mitchel, I've got to kill them..."  I interrupted him to say that we can't kill people and he responded "Dead."

  Joshua started Kindergarten on Wednesday and is also loving it, but is not very good about giving me details of what he does each day.  Though he's an information collector, he's not quite the information provider.  One exciting thing (I think)  is that he's getting moved to a Kindergarten/ First Grade combo class - which means, smaller class size and a school time that matches up with Lukey's much better!  Today is his last day in his current class, then Tuesday he gets to start in the new one.  I'm excited for both of us.  Today is also Joshua's first day of pre-competitive swim team.  I'm super excited for him to be able to start this.  He's done well with swimming so far - and I think this will push him a lot.


Caroline has been a trooper this week, sleeping in the car for 20 minutes at a time.  I don't know if she will ever be on a normal nap schedule.

4 comments:

kori said...

I am cracking up at lukes comment. DEAD. He is hilarious. Don't you wonder what in the world is going on in their little brains!

Megan Harris said...

Your kids are all growing up so fast! Love hearing their stories - the boys sound like they always keep you guessing!

jbel said...

DEAD! Ah, he ensures that there will never be a dull moment. What a riot, that kid.

PS- Are you in on Vegas???

Treasures said...

How often is Joshua swimming and when did you start him on a swim team? I have been thinking about it for Charlie but between the cost and fighting with green hair I have been working with her on my own.