Thursday, March 17, 2011

Holidays

Joshua got in the car today after school all excited talking about how a leprechaun came to his school and so on and so on.  Then he asked if a leprechaun came to our house and you know how I wanted to respond?  "Joshua, there are no such thing as leprechauns!".  But instead I just said no.  I am so NOT the unimportant holiday mom.  Christmas is awesome, Thanksgiving important, Halloween is lots of fun.  But I've got no love for St. Patricks Day, Valentines Day, New Years, 4th of July, or any of the others.  I don't know if it's because John isn't around on any holidays, or if that would even make a difference.  But as I look at everyone's pictures on facebook of their green this and green that all I can do is roll my eyes. 

6 comments:

Kyla Armstrong said...

Oh come on! Dye your milk green :)

Brooke said...

that's coming from the full on every holiday person!

The last Unicorn said...

but you did make corned beef and cabbage! Do it for the kids :)

Megan Harris said...

Green stuff is fun!!!!! And this is an easy holiday to do...and cheap...one bottle of green food coloring and the day is full of fun!

Jenny said...

Party Pooper :)

jbel said...

i don't do the food BUT they do the leprechaun traps in kindergarten, so ... it has become a tradition around here. and I must say I am quite impressed with how creative my children get. this last time we used stuff we already had in our craft bins. but I haven't posted pics yet, so get ready to roll your eyes some more!!!