Monday, August 29, 2011

Montana 2011

Let me start out by saying - I am not ready for school to start this week.  This has been the fastest summer ever and I am not ready to start another 10 months of schedules, homework, and too many hours away from my boys.  I'm sick thinking that Joshua is going to be spending 6 1/2 hours of each day under the influence of his teacher and his peers.  What's going to happen to him?!
 We spent 3 weeks this summer in Montana, and it also went by faster than ever!  We got to hang out with Grammie and Bop, A. Lori and James, the Housleys and my A. Becky, the Justin Tanners, and Daddy.  The kids as they always do had so much fun, and it remains their favorite place to be.
 Joshua spent lots of time in the lake and was not hindered by it's cold temp.  He swam with Bop, went on the wave runners, loved the easy ski, and got up on two skis.  He has no fear of the water, but does have fear of falling.  We talked a lot about facing fears.  He says he hit his fear really hard, but isn't ready to knock it down.
 With Lori and James up there with us, Caroline had a playmate and got lots of Mommy time.  Both are rare for her.  She enjoyed being the teaser for a change, and James got a little practice for his little sibling coming.
 On Tuesday nights they have a farmers market in Whitefish, and the Firemen let kids put out a fake burning house.  The boys love it.  In Montana there is NEVER a shortage of water.  In fact, this summer there was so much water that the Day's basement in their home on Echo Lake got flooded!
 Joshua caught snakes
 and mice
 and all three kids loved their time on the boat.  The boys went out every morning for Gammie and Bops morning ski.
 We were so excited for John to arrive.  Joshua waited to ski until he got there.  John wakeboarded.
 Luke easy skied.
 and we took a 4 mile family hike to Avalanche Lake in Glacier.  Are you not completely amazed that Luke hiked 4 miles all by himself.  We were.  He completely surprised us!  We thought John would be carrying him for sure, but both boys did it - and in pretty good time as well!
 I think the hikes in glacier with the boys is my new favorite tradition.  Last year we took Joshua through snow to Hidden Lake and he loved it.   Next year we'll find a new one to do.
 And finally, my belly grew.  I think I'm about 23 weeks in this picture.  Joshua asked me while I was wearing this dress why my bottom is so fat.   Good thing that doesn't offend me at all!  He just says it like it is.  

3 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

we love montana! and your butt is not big... its cute :)

jbel said...

lol Brooke! Joshua is hilarious. I think he wondered why your belly was fat and misspoke! luv the pics. looks like such a good time with family. keep those prego pics coming.

Kyla Armstrong said...

I can't believe that summer is over :( Caroline is getting so big! I hope Joshua loves his first grade teachers - Sandy and Courtney are super fun!