Since Hunter was born, we spend most of our time at home. It's not that Hunter is difficult out, it's just easier for me to stay at home, so that's what we do. Also Caroline and Luke can be complete pills when we go out - so I'd rather not deal with wrestling a 2 year old. When I do have to go somewhere, however, rather than finding a friend or sitter to watch the kids, it's kind of empowering to take them with me. For example today I took Ruby to the vet. I did try to get a friend to watch Caroline - but she couldn't. So I just took all three younger kids. Ruby hasn't been herself for about a week, so I felt like she needed to just get checked out and make sure nothings wrong. The visit went as well as can be expected in a tiny room stuck with 3 kids and a dog. But at the end of it the vet tells me - and I quote - "you're amazing!" That's right! - but had I gone with just Ruby I'm sure he would have been thinking - "horrible owner, waits for the dog to be in pain a week before bringing her in". But instead I come in all my chaos and he tells me I'm amazing. I'm grateful for the confidence boost a chaotic visit out can bring!
(Does that confidence balance out the embarrassment of being in my Red PJ's when I met the paramedics in our front yard - one of whom is are home teacher - last night and it was only 6:30 in the evening? Probably not. That was pretty bad. ) You'll have to check to Orvin's blog to find out why the paramedics were here - I'm sure Robin will post about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
now I am dying to here the story about the paramedics. And I hear yeah on the going out and I only have 2 kids! I am blamming it all of the 2 year old :) You are amazing!!
Post a Comment