Saturday, December 15, 2012

If you chance to meet a frown...

Do not let it stay!  Quickly turn it upside down and smile that frown away!
The 34.5 year update - The life of a mother.

I am grateful
*I have something and somebody important to worry about, to get frustrated with, and to scold.  The proof is in the worry frown lines between my eyes. (I'm also grateful to have discovered the miraculous abilities of sleeping with tape on!)
*For the extra 10lbs on my short short body.  I was able to easily get pregnant with each of my kids, carry them, and deliver healthy babies.
*For a horribly botched performance on the piano.  It means my life isn't mine, my hours aren't mine.  They are my families.
*That what defined me in my twenties, my talents, abilities, and how others viewed me and defined who Brooke Bendheim was, is disappearing because I get to dedicate my efforts to developing my kids talents, abilities, and character.
*That regardless of how uninteresting I might think I have become, I have a husband who actually likes me.  He wants to spend his time with me.  And that makes me pretty lucky!

3 comments:

mcwally said...

I love love love love this Brooke.

You are in no way uninteresting!, but I completely agree with the feelings behind the words. So much to live for.

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

The last Unicorn said...

I love this... and you can add an amazing/thoughtful writer to your list of current talents. (and great sister in law). You have to tell me about the tape trick! I have the issue too.

jbel said...

amen sister!