I feel like just getting through my daily activities is a challenge, and when I do have time for something other than kid caring, laundry, house cleaning or cooking - that something usually involves me laying in bed. This has led to a big lack of blog updating. Unfortunately, I guess, that's just the way it's going to have to be. My mother was the type that at the end of her day could stay up for hours working on whatever project she needed to. Unfortunately I did not inherit her stamina.
Joshua 7.7
Physically his got some big teeth. Right now his two front teeth are huge, they stick out - and he looks like a big rabbit. He is average size and average build. He's got some awesome thick hair that any girl would kill for. Joshua is sweet, honest, good natured, and helpful. He is a rule follower, a non stop talker, a SLOW mover, and a very helpful big brother. I rely on him so much for help with the kids, the cleaning, and the dog. I'm so grateful that he is my oldest child! At school he is kind to his classmates, loves playing handball and tether ball, and does his work very SLOWLY. Not that he doesn't grasp concepts - he does easily, he just does his work slowly - just like he eats his breakfast slowly. Joshua has really grown over the past year from a little kid into a big kid. I can't hold him without both of us looking ridiculous. He's just matured so much physically and mentally that I really feel like he's no longer my little boy. I remember Joshua as a 2 year old and he was honestly the most precious 2 year old I've had. I do miss that little boy - but I'm grateful for the honestly good person Joshua is becoming.
Luke 5.9
Physically our Lukey is so little. He ties one other boy for the smallest kid in his class. He's got the cutest little face with long eyelashes, curly blond hair and midnight blue eyes. I can still carry him around on my hip or snuggle him on my lap and I LOVE it! I love that he can still be my cute little kid. Everyone loves Luke, everyone knows who Luke is and thinks he is a character. He is very confident and full of personality. His passions are screens and play dates. His weakness is honestly and bladder control. The kid has no conscience when it comes to telling the truth. He can look at me with such conviction and lie. As for bladder control - the poor kid just hasn't mastered listening to his body. I don't know what happens, but even when rewards are on the top of his thoughts, I will find him wet (and he will be so disappointed in himself). Luckily he holds it together for school! His favorite sport is baseball. His least favorite thing to do is color.
Caroline 3
Physically she's average like Joshua in height but probably skinnier than average. She's got dark blond hair and light blue eyes. She's pretty cute honestly. But oh my goodness this kid is the one that sends me over the edge each day. She is strong willed and when she gets something in her head she won't stop until she gets what she wants. "Mommy, I watch a movie." over and over again until she ends up crying or I end up turning on a movie. Everything ends in either crying or me giving in. I try not to give in but sometimes I just cannot handle the crying. I keep trying to tell myself that the difficulty I have with her is her age and not her - so that I might be hopeful of more enjoyable days in a couple of years. I really do hope that that is the case! She does love her babies and stuffed animals. She loves to care for and baby them. She puts them to bed, and strollers them around. She loves them. She also loves purses, phones, make-up - anything grown-up. She's independent and wants to do everything big kids do. She's a bit of a bully with her friends - poor Gentry won't even come over to our house anymore!! Caroline was just too bossy the last time. I think she really likes playing with younger kids because she can boss them around and they will follow her lead. She is completely potty trained and has fewer accidents than Luke. She loves the color pink and thinks everything should be pink. I'm grateful for Joshua's patience with Caroline. He is so sweet with her and when I can't handle her unreasonable personality he attentively helps her.
Hunter 14 months
Physically he is just adorable. He's got Lukes blond curly hair, blue eyes, and is slightly smaller than average. He is so affectionate. He gives so many hugs and cuddles. I've never had such an affectionate baby. He loves to be held all day long. Not just held on my lap, he wants me to go about whatever I'm doing, but just with him on my hip. He also wants to be big like the other kids and doesn't understand why he can't ride a bike and walk around Target. He loves outside. The only point in the day that I can try and do anything is when he goes out and plays in the back yard. Unfortunately he always comes back in covered in dirt. He loves to make messes. Everywhere. He loves to dunk everything in the toilette. He loves to pull apart rolls of toilet paper. And he loves to empty cupboards. He has been doing swim lessons since fall and is doing awesome. He can float on his back and can almost roll from his belly to his back. I'm super proud of him. He still cries every time he gets in the pool for lessons - But Hunter is real dramatic with the tears, he can turn them on full steam real fast. He is tough, and smart - he's got lots of words. But most of all he's super loving. He makes my days hard as I feel like I just can't get anything accomplished when he is awake - but his hugs just make it all so worth it!









3 comments:
I love these kids! They are all so individual and I love hearing how you describe them through mothers eyes.
I agree with Lori. I love them so much! Enjoy each stage because they grow up so quickly!
I love all your kids and they are each adorable. All I can say about Caroline is welcome to having a girl :) You just got spoiled by having 2 boys first. She sounds just like my girls. Elsie loves to play with her anytime! And although I'm sad for you that Luke has accidents I'm glad for me because then I know Ben isn't the only one! I can't wait until they are teenagers and we can tease them relentlessly about their peed pants playdates.
Post a Comment