Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Luke 6 years old

Who can believe that little Luke is 6 years old!  Luke was in Kindergarten this year and did surprisingly well.  I remember going to the first trimester parent teacher conference expecting to hear "This kid is going to have to stay back."  But I never heard anything close to that.  Luke made friends easily, was known by everyone - parent or student, and was the star of all productions.  Everyone who meets Luke, loves Luke.  He's full of personality, emotion, and he is so sincere.  Every mom deserves a Luke.  He boosts my self esteem constantly.  I could never feel like I'm doing a bad job of anything with Luke around.  He is constantly telling me how amazing I am, how beautiful I am, how good my cooking is, and that I'm the best mommy ever.  He sure knows how to make a mom feel good. THANK YOU LUKE!!

Luke is still the smallest kid around.  But I love that he can still jump in my arms and cuddle with me and feel like my big baby.  He still wears a diaper to bed, and pees in it every night.  He still has accidents almost every time he does screens.  And he loves screens.  If he could he would play/watch them all day long.

Luke loves baseball, and would be in heaven if Joshua would play catch with him in the backyard.  Unfortunately it's not Joshua's favorite thing to do.  He also likes pokemon and ninjago.  He is very good to play with Hunter and his baby cousins so sweetly.  He is a good helper around the house and does things quickly.  But he does fight quite a bit with Caroline, and a little with Joshua.  I think it's mostly his proximity in age to those two. He's started playing the piano and memorizes everything after playing it a couple of times.  He's also got great natural rhythm.  He still feels so young to me and I can't believe that he's going to be in 1st grade.  Joshua always has seemed so old - and so much older at this age.  Luke still feels like my little boy - which is good because that means I get more time with him cuddling next to me without me thinking - kid you are just too big for this!

Luke is a good kid with a sweet heart.  I feel beyond blessed to be his mom.  When I look into Luke's future, I have no doubt he will be successful in whatever he does.  

No comments: