So this has been the craziest week for me. Or I should say craziest last 10 days. I feel like I haven't had a moment to sit. The end is near, and by Monday afternoon I'm hoping life will once again calm down. The worst part about the last 7 days is I haven't slept 4 of the nights. Luke has been sick and just keeping us up. After a few good days, last night I was up with him again from 1:30am to 4:00am. He's down right now though - and I think it's going to be a good night. I was driving home from Toys R Us today and honestly didn't know that I'd make it home before falling asleep. Here's the cutie pie before the flu hit!
So I got Ruby when John and I just started dating. When I was pregnant with Joshua I honestly didn't think I could love him as much as I loved Ruby. The poor dog has since taken two steps down in the house and just doesn't get my attention like she used to. This is her begging for attention as I'm taking the above picture of Luke.
Thursday morning John says to me as I get home from an early morning Organ practice "I tried to call you a couple of times but your phone just went straight to voice mail." I think what is he talking about.... "when did you try and call me?" "Well yesterday and two weeks ago.... Today is the potluck at the dealership and I signed up to bring something." So there goes Thursday morning - off to the grocery store I went to get some ingredients, spent the morning cooking and getting the kids ready to go to the dealership. Got there at noon (because John said that's when I should get there.) Waited around - ate food - and got home around 2pm. My day was shot - only time for naps, dinner, and bed. Joshua did have tons of fun though at daddy's work. He hung out most of the time with Bop. That's the best part about going to see daddy at work - we also get to see Bop and Uncle Brad.... and lets not forget the popcorn.
Uncle Brad and Joshua.
So this picture is out of order - but anyway - some fun.... Making Gingerbread houses!
Luke redeems himself with awesome smiles for Aunt Robin.
Oh - we can't talk about this week without mentioning the fact that Joshua had his first big time fall. Barb took Joshua for me so I didn't have to deal with sick Luke and active Joshua. Two hours after she picks him up - I get the call - Joshua's fallen on the fireplace and I think he needs stitches. Luckily John was able to leave work and take Joshua to the doctor. There was no way I would have been able to do it with Luke feeling the way he was. Joshua is fine - and I'm sure there will be a scar... but it will give him character right?!
And finally last night - we had dinner and a game night with my family. I had tons of fun. Here are Joshua and Bop making popcorn. We played cranium after the kids went to bed. I love that game. John pointed out that I'm probably not getting enough adult interaction when my guess for Robins drawing of the action "licking" was "being a silly goose".
Luke in his deep bath. We just switched him from laying down in the bath to sitting up and he loves it! Of course right after this picture, while John was trying to figure out the video camera Luke flung himself backwards and went under.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Wow... what a crazy week!! Whenever I think that I have had it rough... I can always find someone who has had it worse, and here you are! :)
The scar shouldn't be too bad and haven't you heard? "Chicks dig scars!" John had a bad experience with the corner of a coffee table as well. This was also under the watch of my mother... hmmmm. Maybe she just wants to be remembered jk!
Looks like a busy and fun week. I love all the pictures and the stories to go along with it. You are an awesome wife to prepare the food on such late notice. I would have told my husband to go and buy something. But I guess when you have four kids and are pregnant with the fifth, those things just put me over the edge!!! Yikes.
I hope things have settled down for you. Life is crazy. Sorry about Josh's fall. Every one of our boys have scars in just about the same place. (Some of them have a lot more!) Most of the falls were on fireplaces and coffee tables! Boys just seems to be in constant motion.
Post a Comment