Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Things you learn at a Christian Preschool

Joshua goes to a Christian preschool - which I think is awesome. It just means he gets the reinforcement of prayer, Heavenly Father, Jesus, being kind, being grateful, etc from yet another aspect of his life.

Here are some of the things he's come home and told me.

"Mommy, God's got the whole world in His hands, right?"
my response is always 'sure'
"That's so silly, what if he turned his hands upside down? (laughing) We'd all fall out!"

On the way home from the dentist... "Mommy do you remember when you lived at Grammie's and Daddy lived at Nana's and I lived in Heaven?"
I respond "yes, I do... Do you remember that?"
Yes, then he goes on to list the people that were in heaven with him - kids, adults, Jesus, and Heavenly Father. Then he informs me - "But now Jesus lives in my heart."

By the way... The dentist was this morning for both Joshua and I - for the past year I have flossed everyday without fail - and the dental hygienist could not stop complimenting me on how perfect my mouth was. She even said I could be a dental hygienist by how good it looked. My point? I guess flossing really works - because up to this point in my life I've always gotten the flossing lecture every time I went in there. That doesn't mean my dental bills are small though - I replace fillings at least once a year due to the massive clinching of teeth I do at night. I guess I've got a really strong jaw - and like to take my stress out on my teeth - the last filling only lasted 12 months before popping out!!!! I've finally got a good night guard, so hopefully that does the trick.

4 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

man... you have one smart kid on your hands! I think it is great he is getting spiritual reinforcement at school.
Congrats on the dental visit! I have made an extra effort to floss as well. It hasnt helped me herbal tea stains... but it gets the broccoli out!

jenniho ♥ said...

Oh my Goodness Joshua is too funny!

Dana and Chase said...

when i heard that i jut kept singing all day " hes got the whole world in his hands :)" haha love it!~

Traylor Family said...

How cute!

The flossing every day helped me too. I got the same lecture, started flossing and then got praised! Yay for flossing.