Our house has an awesome Olive Tree in front of it. Our gardener tells me all the time that I need to have him prune it or it will produce. I try to explain to him that I want it to produce, but I don't think he understands why I would want that. So this summer we had him trim all the trees but the Olive tree. Yesterday we decided it was time to start picking, and try our luck with some different curing recipes. We are doing a few olives in a salt cure, and the rest in a brine. We'll see how it turns out, but there won't be an update for at least 30 days. These olives are going to be hanging out on my counter for the next 4 weeks.
Remember how I ended up with 4 beta fish following a baby shower back in June? Well this is the only one who has made it through the summer. Two committed suicide by jumping out of their bowls within a week of me being in Montana, and the other just died. This guy is my favorite, so hopefully he lasts. All the fish that have died have been on the left side of the sink, this fish has always been on the right, so there's no way I'm moving him to the left side.









2 comments:
he must be baby Drew's favorite too!
it's always good to be on the "right" side of things!
I am not a big fan of olives, but I will have to try these out when they are ready. Hope the fish doesn't make a jump for it!
Post a Comment