Monday, November 23, 2009

Tuesdays

John has been having Tuesday mornings off and we've been loving it. Until our Disneyland passes expired October 21st we were going there every Tuesday and the kids were so excited. Luke still asks to go to Disneyland. Since October we've just been hitting all the other activities around town.
Last time I went to this petting zoo was about 6 months ago and there was NO WAY Luke would have rode a horse by himself. This time he was so excited. He wouldn't look up for a picture, he was concentrating way too hard - but he LOVED it. Joshua did great, and even gave us some waving pictures. The boys are going to love Alisal this year.
Here's my belly 2 weeks ago. I've got 6 1/2 weeks to go until we get to meet this baby. I'm not as anxious as with the other ones to get her out, probably because my daily life is already hard enough with out the addition of a baby. I am, however, excited to get my body back. I'm tired of being fat and puffy - and I haven't even hit the worst of this yet.
The Joshua update: we've got his temper under control. He's doing awesome with that - and being kind to Luke. His preschool teacher has nothing but positive things to say about him. At home he's driving me crazy with not listening and crying all the time. I haven't decided what to do about it yet. Probably we'll just go back to listening balls. It seems as though as soon as we get one thing going good - another thing pops up. One day he'll be old enough to work on it all at once! As for the crying, I just have to believe it's an emotional/physical change time and the phase will pass.
The Luke update: Luke is so cute a lot of the time. He throws his arms as wide as he can, gives a huge smile, and says "Mommy, hug!" Then he runs up and throws those arms around me. He loves to give me cuddles and hugs and tell me he loves me. He's also really easy to have alone while Joshua is at preschool. He's excellent at time outs - if I tell him to go sit in time outs he'll take himself there and sit until I come to get him. He is however a crazy kid when it comes to certain things. For example, he has a full blown temper tantrum - back on the ground - huge tears - for as long as 20 minutes - after I put a sweatshirt on him. He hates sweatshirts and doesn't want to wear them. Unfortunately it's cold and he doesn't have a choice. I think it will be very interesting to see how he reacts to the new baby. I'm still hoping to have him potty trained and in preschool with Joshua, but I'm doing nothing about it. Secretly I'm just planning on John to work some magic with Luke in the first few days after the baby is born.

2 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

I want to go riding horses with the boys. Oh yeah... I can't!
Maybe Luke hates the way a sweatshirt feels going over his head. I know they seem tighter than normal shirts. Maybe I should get him a jacket for Christmas...

(BTW) I am going to be at the new place tomorrow afternoon if you want to come by :)

Shandra and Christian said...

Cute belly shot!!