Monday, July 5, 2010

We made it!

Everyone I talked to before I left and during my trip thought I was crazy for flying alone with my 3 kids. I seriously wasn't worried at all. And rightfully so because the kids did awesome! We left Long Beach Sunday evening and flew to Salt Lake, then had a 40 minute layover before continuing to Montana. Both flights were around 90 minutes. I took the double bob as my stroller, my diaper bag, a back pack, and a baby bjorn. I wore Caroline for the entirety of both flights in the baby bjorn. She did awesome. She screamed for about 2 minutes when we where getting situated on the first flight, and that was the only sound anyone heard from her for the rest of both flights. She took a nap on the first, and slept the whole second flight. The planes are small, So Joshua had to sit next to a stranger. I knew this would be easy for me because he LOVES to talk. The first flight the 30 year old single women humored Joshua as she played with her phone and looked through a magazine. Luke stayed happy playing his leapster and just being excited about going on the 'hairplane'. After letting the boys literally race around the airport during the short layover, we boarded the second plane and Caroline was asleep before we took off. The plane was pretty empty, so Joshua had the row to himself. That plane left at 9:40pm, so Luke was pretty tired, and not able to get comfortable. He had about a 5 minute episode where he was doing lots of crying. Joshua, during that time, turned to the lady sitting behind him and asked her to come sit next to him, which she did. She then proceeded to engage Joshua in conversation, and gave him her undivided attention until we where off the plane. Joshua was in heaven! We arrived around 11:15pm and Luke fell asleep in the car ride home. Joshua didn't end up in bed until around 12:45am - and this morning woke up and went down to my parents before any of the rest of us were awake. That kid is going to go to bed early tonight! Luke was so adorable this year because he was so excited for both the ride and the destination. What a change from age 2. It makes my life so much easier. I'm glad John is flying home with us, but I would totally fly again with the kids without worry. They were awesome. Now we've just got lots of relatives, and fun times ahead in Whitefish.

I promise myself that this week I'll do posts about my adorable new little nephew, and my brothers weddings!


3 comments:

Melinda said...

Brooke. What an adventure! I'm so glad the plane trip went smoothly for you and the kids! Enjoy your vacation!

jbel said...

lucky you, some people have all the luck. if only I could have ever had just ONE flight like that going from coast to coast. Ah!
So glad for you though!!!
Enjoy Montana.

chelsea said...

I love that Joshua asked the lady to come and sit by him! It was so good to see you guys!