Saturday, July 31, 2010

Imaginary Play

I've already talked about the boys water-skiing through the store.... Then two days ago, as I was thinking I really needed to go to Costco, the boys where so involved in their play in the playroom that I just couldn't interrupt them.  The door was closed, so I couldn't hear what they were pretending, but they were entertained forever.  Later that afternoon, I was in the playroom as well and they started back where they left off.  They were driving the boats.  Joshua was Bop Peter and he was driving the 'Rocket'.  Luke, who's scared of the rocket, was driving the quiet boat.  Then ever since last night they've been playing 'Tanner and Margot's wedding'.  Joshua is Tanner, Luke is Margot.  They dance, Tanner (Joshua) twirls Margot (Luke),  they wear rings, they bow, and then they pretend to put on g's before going to bed.  I just listened from the other room for about 30 minutes last night as they where doing this.  It was so awesome.  I even heard them talking about wearing the wrong clothes - which I'm guessing is because Margot was always wearing Tanner's clothes in Montana.  I love it when my boys play so awesomely together instead of fighting.  It makes me SO HAPPY!

2 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

That is so cute! Havent we all wanted to be someone else or pretend we had a different kind of life at some point? It is one of the best things about being a kid... and sometimes even as a adult :)

Tanner and Margot said...

This is adorable Brooke! It made me laugh that Luke was acting out wearing the wrong clothes. It amazes me that he is SO observant! I love your kids and I love being a part of your family