Sunday, August 1, 2010
Do I have a filter?
It seems the older I get the less I care what people think of me - and the more opinionated I become. For some reason I just really like to share my knowledge with people. However, I've always 'known' that I've got a good filter. Like - Maybe you shouldn't say that you might sound like a - snob, bad parent, selfish wife, (you fill in the blank). Obviously with Robin and John there is for sure absolute no filter whatsoever. But last week in a conversation with Lori and a friend that's known me forever they where commenting on how I don't have filter. They where comparing me to my mom. No way. I've talked with Robin about this. Mom doesn't have a filter, but I definitely do... right? Have my opinions become so strong that they sound unfiltered, even though I'm holding stuff back? Or maybe I'm just not holding back anymore and giving everyone Brooke uncensored. At least no one has to guess where I stand on a subject, or what I'm thinking. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
A "filter" by my definition is what stops you from saying things like, "What happened to you? You used to be skinny." Everything else regarding your opinions is legal and representative of who you are. More people should be willing to share where they stand. I think society has made a lot of people paranoid with what they can and should share. And that, is the gospel according to Stacy. =)
OK... I am sure you have some sort of a filter. But maybe your idea of what needs to be filtered is different than others???
At least from my point of view, I know you speak your mind (most of the time) with no intention of being mean. Because I know this, I don't get offended by things you say. In fact I sometimes appreciate the honesty. I know you will tell it to me like it is if I ask you too. It's what makes you Brooke.
Post a Comment