We have been on the go all week. My house is a mess, and I've got 4 loads of laundry to fold. Maybe it's because I feel like summer is slipping away from us, and all too soon I'm going to loose Joshua to 5 days of school for the rest of his life. It's sad. I've been loving having everyone home and being able to do whatever we want when we want this summer. Contrary to what I thought would happen, the boys have not been to a day of summer camp. But Luke starts preschool in about 10 days, and Joshua kindergarten soon after. I'm going to miss these days with the kids. They are just growing up so fast.
We met aunts Kori and Lori and some friends at the tide pools this week. The boys had a great time. Later that night we were reading a book we got from my mom cleaning out her house. It was the story of Samson and Delila. In the book it says that the Philistines were the enemy of God's people. Luke was so excited "Enemy, like at the beach!!" (sea enenemy). Luke loved seeing the little fish and crabs. Joshua had fun running around with Addison.
Luke and Tanner are 17 months apart - but you'd never know it by looking at them. Obviously if you talk to them you can tell Luke is older, but he is definitely not any bigger. Joshua asked the question "Why don't you think Tanner asks any questions?" at a family dinner recently. He ended up answering the question himself... He decided that "Tanner already knows everything, so he doesn't need to ask any questions."
Tomorrow we are heading down to aunt Margot's beach. The boys love that as well - it'll be are 3rd time in 10 days. Hopefully Margot doesn't get sick of us!! Before I forget, Luke is horribly bad with babies. He drags, rolls, wrestles, pulls Caroline ever second I'm not looking. But he honestly does it all in love. And the first thing out of his mouth when he sees aunt Lori with baby James is "I love baby James. I love him." He's so sweet, but so bad with the little ones.
My sweet little one being a good sport being dragged everywhere and napping anywhere she can.
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
oh my gosh that picture of joshua is crazy! he looks soooo big! Ican not believe how grown up they all look , it makes me sad im not there
You have a beautiful family Brooke :) Treasure every moment!
The tide pools are so fun! I haven't been in years.
Post a Comment