Sunday, November 7, 2010

Oak Glen

 We took our traditional trip to Oak Glen the day after Halloween with Grammie, Bop Peter, Aunt Lori and baby James.  It was a lot of fun, and right before the heat hit (thank goodness).
 We got our $1 pumpkins, ate at the restaurant on Riley's Farm, and got apples and apple cider donuts at another orchard.  The kids did great - even Caroline.  And best of all we got John to ourselves all day long!

I forgot my camera, so my mom was our awesome photographer, documenting the day.  It was beautiful, but bees where everywhere scavenging on the massive amounts of apples that go to waste lying on the ground.  We were amazed by how many apples they leave to rot.  I treasured every apple on our young apple tree this fall.  John and I have LOVED having our fruit trees, grape vine, and seasonal veggies.  John is even a Garden Master this year for Joshua's kindergarten class.  Now we just need an acre big backyard and we could have lots of fun!

2 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

That family picture is awesome! Only you and John are looking at the camera and Luke's facial expression is the best! Thanks for inviting us to go along with you guys. Next year I am going to make sure Haws can come :)

jbel said...

hey- props to gma Bendheim for taking awesome pics! my fav is the one of Joshua and your dad walking bc they have the EXACT same posture and pose ... amazing shot!