Thursday, December 9, 2010

One Year Ago Today





 I can remember SO well the day miss Caroline was born.  I remember that they moved me from antepartum the night before into labor and delivery.  The beds were so much more comfortable in antepartum.  By 6:30am my induction began, and I basically got my epidural at the same time.  John was with me from the beginning, and I was so jealous of the goldfish he kept eating.  I got him to give me about 5 of them, but then he was unwilling to break the rules anymore than that.  I was so nervous for the health of my baby.  I wasn't nervous in the days leading up to 12/9, but when delivery day came, I couldn't help but feel guilty that she had to come into the world so early.  The day was long, I was slow to progress, and luckily I had a doctor that had the same ideas as me concerning c-sections.  Finally around 10pm, after the epidural had worn completely off, she was born - almost a month and a half early.  She was in the NICU 12 days and came home 12/23.  She's grown SO much since those tiny days, but this year seems to be just a blur.  Where has the time gone?  My baby is 1 today and leaving babyhood behind. 

6 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

she was so tiny it is crazy to see how much she has changed in 1 year. What a blessing that she is perfectly healthy and she is the cutest! She is still your baby :)

Tanner and Margot said...

These are some adorable pictures! I can't believe how tiny she was!

Jenny said...

what? I didn't know Jacob and Caroline have the same birthday! Happy Birthday Caroline!

jbel said...

just got caught up on your blog ... you crying on the phone with Michelle Duggar ... AWESOME! lol!

Dana and Chase said...

she is getting so big! i can not wait to see this cute little girl in less then two weeks!!!

Shandra said...

Happy Birthday sweet Caroline!