Thursday, January 3, 2008

My Boys

So for those of you who know Joshua well, you know that he is a chatter box. For those of you who don't.... let me try and explain. He is a non stop conversation. A dinner of adults cannot carry on a conversation because Joshua won't stop talking. When we are watching a DVD in the car he doesn't sit silently and watch, he narrates the entire movie for me. "Mommy there are leaves. The dragon is eating the leaves. Are leaves yummy? Does the dragon have hands like us?" "I don't know Joshua, I can't see the dragon." "You think so mommy? you think so?" "Sure Joshua I think so. The moon is out, oh the ducky is back....." and it goes on and on. If there is no movie on then the conversation is "We're going up a hill Mommy. Up, up, up. Now we're going down a hill. The sky was orange last week. I want the sky to be orange again... Mommy tell me a story." We celebrated Christmas at the Davis house on the 27th and it was lots of fun. It was kinda special celebrating on several days this year. It made Christmas last extra long. John met me there after work. That's why he's not in the picture below.
I don't know why I love this picture so much but I do. I think it is just so cute of Joshua helping carry his present to Great Grandma Davis up the stairs.
Here's Joshua helping her open the gift.


4 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

Joshua is quite the talker and Luke is quite the drooler! I wonder where they get it from? hmmm... "John, tell me a story" sounds familiar, but the excess saliva, that is a mystery to me!

Nancy said...

I missed not being able to hear all of Joshua's comments at Christmas! I love that he does a commentary "on life." Nick use to talk constantly too...and it really hasn't changed much! (Just make sure you have lots of time if you ask him about a movie plot!)

Kyla Armstrong said...

Your boys are darling!!! My little guy keeps asking to go to Joshua's house:)

kori said...

I love those two little guys!