Friday, February 8, 2008

San Diego

So Yesterday was our big adventure in San Diego. We left at 8am and got home at 7pm. So it was a long day with short naps for Luke in the car, and no naps for Joshua. We went down to watch Uncle Redge play rugby - but thought we'd hit up the zoo first. Grammie and Bop Peter were kind enough to accompany us to the zoo - making the adventure doable for me. We arrived around 9:30 and started a day of endless walking.Here is little Lukey loving the orangutans. This big guy was just hanging out playing with a potato sack. Super cool. Joshua loved seeing the massive hipos and walking around with Bop.
After the zoo we headed to Ocean Beach for the game. Redge did great and won his game. Joshua and I played Rugby ourselves on the sidelines and I think that was the highlight of the day for the little guy. I cannot tell you how much Joshua LOVES his uncles on both sides of the family. They do such a good job of giving him lots of attention.

3 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

That was a brave trip you took! Those boys love their animals and Redge looks like such a stud in his rugby outfit :)

jbel said...

I dream about the day(s) when I have helping hands while on an outing anywhere. Lucky you, and soon enough ... lucky me too! The boys look like they had a blast. I love Joshua's age because anything will impress at that age ... ANYTHING!

Nancy said...

What a BIG adventure! It looks like you had a great time and that the boys held up well! Fun times make for wonderful memories!