
Luke ate more sand than imaginable - even preferring the sand covered goldfish to the clean ones. He was surprisingly happy the whole time... way to go Luke!Uncle Tanner gave Joshua a matching hat and put zinc on his nose. Tanners style - at least his waterside style is exactly the same as it was in 1988.
This is as wet as Luke got, though he did have fun with the waves washing up on him. He only went in the water this far so I could wash the sand off his hands, feet, and face.
I want to get some things down so that I don't forget them.... Luke is currently obsessed with the animal sound "Baaa". We went to the zoo a few days ago, and though he's been before, this was the first time he was really old enough to be aware of everything. He loved the goats and didn't stop saying "baaa" the whole time we watched them. When I finally dragged him away he was throwing a hissy fit. The rest of the afternoon at the zoo, every animal from cow to monkey to bird all said "baaa" according to Luke. Now, a few days later, he'll say 'moo' for cow, or 'hsss' for snake, or 'the elephant sound' for an elephant, but every other animal is still 'baaa'.
John and I have been slowly starting to plan our trip to Italy. It's coming up soon and we are so excited. The other morning I dropped Joshua off at preschool and headed off to the Ralphs around the corner. As I stood outside the doors, the smell that was all around me was 100% Italy. It smelt and felt exactly like I was standing in the middle of an Italian city. Analysing what it was that gave that Italian aroma - I looked around and saw 5 people standing outside smoking. Ahhh cigarette smoke and humid air - the smell of Italy.









3 comments:
cigarette smoke and humidity huh??? sounds heavenly! I think Luke gets the eating "dirt" thing from Brad. He was a dirt eater as well.
Hey, love the Zinc. We totally used to wear it at the beach all the time. So glad Tanner is keepin' it real. Joshua looks totally adorable in his sea wear. Happy b-day to Papa Bendheim. Looks like a fun weekend.
I can't believe your dad turned 60! For some reason I imagined him being in mid 50's. Anyway, looks like the boys had tons of fun at the beach. I agree with Lori-cigarette smoke and humidity-NICE!
Post a Comment