Monday, September 22, 2008

Snow on the Mountins

Per the request of a few, here's the recipe for Snow on the Mountin Cookies.

1/2 cup veg. oil
4 squares unsweetened bakers chocolate (melted)
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2t vanilla
2 cups flour
2t baking powder
1/2t salt
powdered sugar

I make the dough, then put it in a couple of plastic containers and freeze it. The dough is super messy, so the colder it is the easier it is to roll the balls - but even after days of freezing it's still going to be a mess on your hands. Freeze for a few hours (or days) - then roll into balls and cover balls in powdered sugar. Bake at 375 for 9-10 minutes depending on your ball size.

2 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

Yumm! I found a recipe for these using a cake mix instead - just adding eggs and oil. They tasted just as good to me and no hassle with measring and crap! y fav is to sandwhich 2 cooies between creamcheese icing - Homemade oreos! OK now I need some chocolate.

Kyla Armstrong said...

Thanks for the recipe! JT and I made them to tonight, but we are letting them freeze until tomorrow because the dough is seriously messy!