Friday, February 27, 2009

Things I don't want to forget.

I got my blog book from blurb and it come out great! I'm excited to do a photo book next.

I just got back from taking the boys to Disneyland. They were so well behaved - I was shocked - it was incredibly easy today, no yelling, no chasing, no anxiety in my tummy. I was proud! Keeping it on a good note... Luke ate his entire breakfast yesterday without throwing a single piece of pancake on the floor or rubbing anything in his hair. That hasn't happened in so long, that I could even say it has never happened. I was SO proud of him. Then, we met some friends at Chick-f-lay for lunch, and again - Luke ate, didn't cry, didn't tantrum, didn't even complain. He just ate, then played at their playground. Joshua actually finished all the chicken nuggets I gave him as well. I was in awe.

Luke loves waving hi and bye to everyone we pass. What is so adorable though is that instead of saying bye, he always says "see ya!" It cracks me up. The other day at the park, he grabbed a bucket, put it over his arm, looked at me and said "see ya!" and started walking away. It was adorable (and I wonder... was he pretending the bucket was a purse?).

I forgot to mention in my 22 month update that Luke no longer refers to himself as baby. One morning about a month ago, when I pointed to him and asked who it was, instead of his usual "baby" response, he said "ukey". It was kind of sad. I felt like I was loosing my little guy. And it really seems like that is the trend, he is just getting older so fast right now. He's starting to be able to help me with very basic tasks. When he tantrums and runs away or falls on the ground, I'm starting to be able to hold his hand and walk him back instead of pick him up - and this is a huge step! It shows him giving in to me just a little. We've stuck him on the potty a bit (I don't know why, I know he's not ready) and the most we've gotten out is a toot. But it was SO cute. We got so excited, he got off the potty, looked at his toot, said "hi" to the toot, flushed the potty, and waved bye to the toot. I don't know what he thinks toots look like, but he saw something in there that became his toot.

Luke also loves to sword fight with Joshua and will turn anything into a sword. He also does the funniest haa-ya kicks. They crack me up. He's a bit of a performer, and he beats himself up all the time. He is a tough kid!

Joshua is still being super good and easy for me. He's my big helper, is making his bed, picking up his toys, and getting himself ready in the mornings. He likes knowing what day of the week it is, and gets excited if he knows what we do that day. He also likes keeping track of time, especially at nap and night time. He is doing an amazing job learning the primary songs. He could solo the first verse of How Firm a Foundation and do a pretty good job. I'm really proud of him. The only not so great thing we are going through right now, is out of no where he's become hard to understand. He speaks so quickly and mumbles his words. It's strange because Joshua has been an amazing talker from 18 months on. He was speaking in sentences at Luke's age, and now he's driving me nuts with this mumbling business! So we are working on that.

4 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

I noticed that about Joshua on Monday! I thought he was just trying to make it hard for me to hear him...
I love these boys. Luke is getting so big! I still can't help but think of him as a baby.

Nancy said...

Isn't rasising kids a roller coaster ride? They are so frustrating one day and so adorable the next.
I'm glad you like your book from blurp. I started mine and never finsihed it, but I need to.

jenniho ♥ said...

I love your boys and how cute they are. I need to do a post like yours so we don't forget their cute stages. I finished Reagan's blurb book...ages 4-8...and wish I had written more down about things she did and said. Blurb is awesome...have I said that before?:)

jbel said...

older kids are so great! makes me wonder why on this green earth I decided to go back to the crap stage! HAHAHAHaHA!

btw- what did you decide about your couch-leather?