Thursday, April 9, 2009

Big Boy Bed

Tonight is night one of Luke sleeping in a big boy bed in Joshua's room. We've been telling Joshua for 6 months that when he was 4 he would get to go to the top bunk. Well we decided that we should get Luke ready a little early, so we pulled out the trundle last night. Luke lasted maybe 5 minutes last night - partly because he was beyond tired by the time we put him in, and partly because Joshua was crying. Tonight I told Joshua he wasn't allowed to talk or cry. I read the boys books in Luke's new bed, said prayers, gave kisses, laid there for 3 minutes, then left. Luke got right up and ran to the door. I took him back to his bed. Redid his blankies, and left, but this time left the door cracked and stood on the outside. As soon as I heard his foot steps I said: Back in bed Lukey. I heard him get back in bed and I haven't entered the room since. So I'm being optimistic and saying it's already a success. Now... my dream is they wake up in the morning and play together instead of running to get me!

5 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

So you have an empty crib now...you know what that means...!

Brooke said...

your crib's been emptier longer than mine!!!

Kyla Armstrong said...

Hooray for Luke! I'm sending good big boy bed vibes your direction:)

jbel said...

they will play together instead of running to get you, but only after being trained to do so!
I love when I get an extra half hour of sleep cause the girls are playing peacefully in the playroom!!!
way to go ... and lucky you ... you are transitioning in 2 toddlers (stead of 1 n a baby) it starts to get much better from here on out!

Megan Harris said...

Yeah for you!!! So great! Hope it has continued on with success!