As mentioned numerous times, Joshua is a non-stop talker. I guess it's not fair for me to complain though, because I am the one who unconsciously encourages it. There will be times in the car when I say "Joshua can we please just be quiet for a few minutes and watch the movie." Yet today when I'm driving home from preschool and realize the car is silent, and should enjoy the moment to think, I start up a conversation with Joshua, and realize as I'm doing it... no wonder he is constantly talking to me.
But the real payback are the 'what if' questions. I am the queen of what if questions. I've asked them for as long as I can remember and I love asking them. Well Joshua has started asking them like crazy.
"Mommy, what if Heavenly Father didn't send me to you and sent me to someone else?"
"Then I would come find you."
"But what if you didn't know where to look?"
"Don't worry, that would never happen."
"But if that did happen then I would just yell for you, Okay?"
"Okay."
"Mommy, what if a coyote tried to come in my room."
"Coyote's don't know where we live."
"But what if he did."
"Have you ever seen a coyote Joshua?"
"Mommy, what if we didn't have eyes."
"Then we couldn't see."
"Then how would we find the coyote?"
"Joshua, we have eyes."
and there are so many many more examples. It's so interesting to me how much I enjoy starting these conversations with Robin, John, or my dad, but how much they bug me with Joshua. I guess I can now see why John gets irritated! Joshua know believes that coyote's are afraid of Daddy's. Following are some pictures from a baby shower at my house over the weekend. I really loved how the centerpieces turned out.
But the real payback are the 'what if' questions. I am the queen of what if questions. I've asked them for as long as I can remember and I love asking them. Well Joshua has started asking them like crazy.
"Mommy, what if Heavenly Father didn't send me to you and sent me to someone else?"
"Then I would come find you."
"But what if you didn't know where to look?"
"Don't worry, that would never happen."
"But if that did happen then I would just yell for you, Okay?"
"Okay."
"Mommy, what if a coyote tried to come in my room."
"Coyote's don't know where we live."
"But what if he did."
"Have you ever seen a coyote Joshua?"
"Mommy, what if we didn't have eyes."
"Then we couldn't see."
"Then how would we find the coyote?"
"Joshua, we have eyes."
and there are so many many more examples. It's so interesting to me how much I enjoy starting these conversations with Robin, John, or my dad, but how much they bug me with Joshua. I guess I can now see why John gets irritated! Joshua know believes that coyote's are afraid of Daddy's. Following are some pictures from a baby shower at my house over the weekend. I really loved how the centerpieces turned out.
Here are too many pictures from the park today. My ward is having serious problems with park day and it's driving me nuts! No one shows up! I keep showing up because I tell myself, you've got to support the activity or else no one will ever come. Well... I'm sick of going to park day by myself when I've got 10 things on my to do list for that day!









6 comments:
brooke thanks for making my day once again. i just love reading about family when im not there to enjoy it! their growing up too fast!!! and joshua is so a mini you its hilarious..
I want to officially apologize for being one of those people who never showed up for park day. In my defense, it conflicted with preschool. I love the "what if" situation. I am the same way! Keep the funny stories coming.
I love that you ask questions and "what ifs" - you're a blast to talk to. And the baby shower looks like it was lovely!
Sorry we're not showing up! We will start coming for sure in the summer but both my older ones are in school now on park day and I take advantage of just having one at home to do my errands.
I love the "What if.." questions. They are so much fun with little boys!
Yes, the centerpieces and everything else were absolutely darling! Thank you again!
Post a Comment