
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Getting the full report
I think that as Lukey gets older my kids get easier in many ways. Over the past 2 months Luke's talking has completely blossomed. He's not Joshua, the non stop motor mouth, but he does hold his own. The best part of him being so competent verbally is I'm always getting the full report on everything Joshua does to wrong Lukey. This morning John got up with Luke - Joshua and I slept in a bit. Around 7:30 I hear running down the hall to me crying "mommy!!". He comes to my bedside and informs me "Daddy, owey, circles!" (translation - Daddy gave me an owey because of something I did with circles, aka cheerios). He's totally playing it up big time, giving me his hanging head and shoulder slug. For those of you who don't know - Luke does an awesome full body pout. So I pick him up and comfort him as John walks in to take Luke back to time outs - where John had put him for throwing his bowl of cheerios all over the floor. He sure knows how to work one parent against another!
Here's the Caterpillar cake we made today for dessert. Aunt Candy gave this to me and Joshua had lots of fun decorating - and even more fun eating. Since it's been so hot the past couple of days we decided to hang out by the pool this afternoon. Joshua was playing on the baja step when he accidental stepped off into the deep end. He was such a quick thinker... Just as he realized he was falling he launched himself toward the side of the pool and swam to the edge. I was SO INCREDIBLY impressed with his quick thinking. The water was freezing, and he definitely wasn't planning on going swimming - so I would have expected him to panic. He was awesome, calm, and came up with a plan so quickly. I honestly think that I've never been prouder of him than today in that moment.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
That is amazing that Joshua knew just what to do when he took an unexpected swim! Those swimming lessons really paid off.
I am so proud of Joshua and his quick thinking! Tell him what a smart boy he is! I can also picture Lukey and his body pout! He puts his whole self into it! He makes me laugh!
oh look at those sweet faces ...
Hey Brooke, whats your email address...im making my blog private, so I need to send you an invite through email...karenmatsen@yahoo.com
Post a Comment