Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy Birthday little Lukey!

I cannot believe that Luke is 2! 7 weeks older than Joshua was when Luke was born. Luke knows all the Backyardigans by name, and loves calling their names out during the opening song. His favorite episode is "The Masked Retriever" and he constantly asks for "retriever!!" He's obsessed with Superwhy, and has moved from calling all letters "AEIOU" (but with the Italian pronunciation) to calling all letters "B".

He's really excited about his colors right now, and even more excited when he actually gets them right. He's communicating so much more, though he doesn't always say what he means, or mean what he says. I think that is really because he doesn't always know what he does want, he just knows he doesn't want what he has. He is doing awesome in swimming lessons. He can glide underwater between instructors, then float on his back. He is constantly 'swimming' in the bath tub these days.
He is a total performer and dances and does gymnastics for us. It's really funny. He's mastered the 2-year-old Redge leg lift. My favorite things about Luke right now are the way he holds his hand up to his ear when he's listening, or holds his hand up to his mouth when he's calling for someone. He also does this cute shoulder shrug dance when he wants to do something that just makes us laugh. He loves Joshua lots and is really sad when he isn't in the car with us. Ra Ba is another favorite, though all aunts and uncles bring big smiles to his face!
He's still stubborn and strong willed. We have lots of tears - or fake tears - everyday. He gets mad at me for taking his picture as seen below, or when things don't go according to the mystery plan in his head. But I really think that with each month he gets just a smidgen more reasonable. He's still my baby, and I wonder when he'll fell like a big guy to me. No hair cuts yet, but I think he'll get his first soon! I can't wait to see what this next year brings.


8 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

Happy Birthday Lukey!

stacy said...

DON'T cut the hair! I was so sad when I finally cut Alex's. Unless you're up for the no baby all big boy thing. I was NOT.

kori said...

Happy b-day! I can't believe he is 2 already!

mcwally said...

he is sooooo cute. i loved our morning together. i can't believe your baby is two! time flies...

Dana and Chase said...

i tried calling yesturday to wish my cute little nephew happy birthday! so tell him for me :)

jenniho ♥ said...

Luke is such a gorgeous little boy...I love your writings about him! Oh and you look gorgeous too BTW!

Alison said...

Hi Brooke! I was just going through and catching up on your blog. I can't believe how big your boys are growing and that you just had your 5 year anniversary...I remember your wedding like it was yesterday! Your family is adorable. How are you surviving having little ones and teaching piano? Have you found the secret to balance???? Let me know if you do!

Jaime said...

I had no idea you were such a fabulous photographer! Those pictures are beautiful!