Monday, July 20, 2009

Montana

We're here and it took me lots of days to get my camera out. So finally I got some pictures Saturday of Joshua and Bop swimming in the lake. Joshua has been doing awesome - the water was 68 degrees the first time he went in and he didn't even hesitate.
In fact, Bop got too cold and had to get out but Joshua stayed in. It's been steadily warming up (the water - the air is always nice and warm) - and Joshua keeps on getting in. He loves wearing his wet suit, and I don't know if it's helping that much physically or if it just mentally tells him that he's warm because he's wearing it.
We've been going on long walks in the morning - boys and all. Luckily Grammie wants the extra exercise so she's been pushing the stroller up the hills. There is NO WAY I could do it on my own -the hills are steep and the boys are heavy! John arrived yesterday afternoon and we are all so excited to have him here. Joshua has been counting down the days.
This morning they are all on a walk without me as my entire torso is covered in a nasty rash that doesn't itch, but feels like each red mark is a bruise. So walking is out of the question, as is wearing a bra. I went to the doctor yesterday and he knew right what it was and said there was nothing he could give me, but just to take hot showers to draw my blood to my skin to kill off the bacteria causing the rash. He said it should last a few days to 2 weeks, I'm hoping that I get just a few days because this is crazy! I'll probably take a belly shot with the rash just to remember.

3 comments:

jbel said...

oh no ... is it PUPP? I get that on my legs during pregnancy. but it does itch, so it must not be quite the same.

Joshua looks so cute next to your dad ... it's obvious they are related!

no swimming for Lukey? he didn't want to sport a wetsuit?

oh, my back up plan for E's b-day party is that my mom is throwing the whole thing down here.
it's just for some of the neighborhood kids at the local park.
she's gonna run the whole shin dig.
she already bought everything for it, so we're set to go!

stacy said...

I am so sorry you have a rash to contend with on your fun trip. I hope it goes away soon! I love the idea of taking a picture to remember it. Anytime I think I want to get pregnant again I look at the picture I took of my belly right before Benjamin came out. Instant cure!

The last Unicorn said...

I cant wait to be there! That sucks about the rash... I hope it is gone so we can go on those long walks together! See you soon :)