First of all... this is my very first post from the computer John gave me for my Birthday. I had thought that John and I had slipped into the custom of not giving each other Christmas/Birthday/Mothers Day/Fathers Day gifts... then on my birthday Joshua tells me there is a surprise for me - and there on the kitchen table was my new computer! So I guess no presents for a few years, then a big present is the way it goes. I'm super excited because I don't have to worry about viruses anymore and can work on my
scrap booking in Montana -on the dock - this summer!

The other thing I am super excited about is our newly purchased trees... peach, apple, and tangerine trees now adorn our yard and I can't wait to pick the fruit. The peach tree is just to the right of Joshua in this picture. The tangerine tree already has tons of fruit on it and I can't wait for it to ripen up. Hopefully it waits for us to get back from Montana, but if not - John will be eating lots of fruit! Also our gardener has been bugging us forever about trimming our trees and we finally let him while he was planting the new ones (I of course hate the final product - if it where up to me, I'd never trim them!). We didn't let him trim the Olive one though. He kept warning me that I didn't trim it it would produce - which is exactly what I want. So... I've already found
recipes for curing olives and I'm set - again, I just hope they don't ripen before we get back, otherwise John is going to be doing way to much picking!
Finally, John took the boys to an Angles game last night. It was the second time just the boys went without me. I need the time at home though to get all the things done during the week that I can't get done - you know fun stuff like practicing the organ, figuring out what I'm doing in singing time, and folding laundry. The boys had a great time and where
surprised by Bop joining them there. Joshua fell asleep before the fireworks and Luke is sound sensitive like me. He kept telling everyone "NO!! STOP!!!" when they would start cheering. It's funny because his nursery leaders always tell me how great Luke is in nursery and how much he loves singing time... however at home if I ever start singing I get the no stop treatment.
Happy 4
th of July!
1 comment:
Does your "No. Stop." treatment come with a hand in stop position thrust into the air? That's what I get from K all the time while singing. Love it!
I swear our two younger ones are so similar.
I'm jealous about your new fruit trees. I wanted to get 2 lemon trees so badly, but our backyard doesn't get enough sun. Bummer!
Post a Comment