I honestly can't believe that little Lukey is a big 3 years old. He still seems like my baby. Depending on his agenda he bumps back and forth between "I'm little" and "I'm big". If he wants me to hold him he'll always say "I'm little!".
Luke is a character. Outside of our house he is the entertainer and the life of the party. Everywhere we go, kids and grown-ups alike love Luke. He's not shy or intimidated by those older than him and is known to tease 6 year olds.
At home Luke is slow to listen, slow to mind, and quick to pout. Luke can take round after round of naughty (Tabasco) sauce without it phasing him. However he does not like being locked in the playroom and will usually listen to avoid that. (I wonder why being locked in a room full of toys and a TV that he knows how to turn on could be such a bad thing?) Most in life he loves his little sister and playing on the computer. He has recently mastered the mouse and can play memory by himself on the computer.
Luke wants to spend the day out of the house, doesn't matter what we are doing - he'd rather be at the grocery store than at home. As we pull into our driveway after being out he always complains "I don't want to go home!".
Luke's only activity this fall/spring has been Italian Class. He's been a lot easier in the mommy and me class than Joshua was. And he loves to perform for everyone there. This last week they started with the welcome song where they go around and ask everyone their name and age. They get to Luke and sing the song asking him his name and his response is: hands on hips, left leg out, left foot tapping, voice singing "You've got a friend in me." It was hilarious, a moment I wish I had the video camera.
Luke has recently become afraid of sharks, and will wake up in the middle of the night crying, saying there is a scary shark in his bed. He also refuses to use the potty because he says there are fish in there.
I can not wait to see how Luke turns out. I know he will be very charismatic, but I just can't quite picture him as an 8, 15, or 30 year old. He's been my tough kid from day one, and I wonder if he will always fill that role. He's also my super loving kid who asks for hugs and smooches all the time. Only time will tell - and I know everyday will be an adventure with him.
Love you Lukey!
p.s. this picture is from his birthday celebration. He just had to have it be a backyardigans/Halloween party.









2 comments:
what a sweet post-
I know I say it all the time but I can't get over how similar our two middle children are ... cut from the same cloth!
I miss this kid so much!!! I wish I could have celebrated his birthday with him :( I wish I could have been a fly on the wall at Italian Class. I wish I could have come to the party dressed up in a Mexican Poncho and Sombrero. AAUUAHHHH! (pout)
Post a Comment