My kids - or rather my boys - LOVE to dress up. Especially Luke! Luckily we had several different occasions this year for him to wear his costumes. On the 31st, we started our festivities with the preschool parade and party. Joshua had the day off school - so he was excited to get to come participate in Luke's class. Following the party, we headed to Kyla's house for her to do my awesome make-up. I wasn't going to dress up, big belly and all, so I thought these eyes made me look just the right amount of festive!
Joshua and Luke had been mostly super heroes at all their other halloween parties, and I had to convince them to dress as Peter Pan, Captain Hook, and Tinkerbell for actual Halloween. They ended up loving it in the end. Especially after Joshua got his bloody make-up.
I did my best to take a good picture of the three of them. But it just didn't work out perfectly this year. Last year I got an awesome shot. This year, lots of almost good shots.
We had all the Davis' and Bendheims over for dinner and trick-or-treating. I didn't get pictures of everyone - mostly because after getting everything ready all day, by the time everyone got there I just parked myself in a chair. I know Robin and Cody have pictures up on their blog. I'm sure Kori and Brad will get some up on theirs. I did manage to grab Tanner and Margot and Redge and Marci though.
I remember posting on facebook last year that I did not have the mom gene that tells me I need to spend hours making my kids costumes. Marci, however, definitely does. And she does an awesome job. She says she remembers her mom staying up all night making costumes, and her waking up the next morning and it feeling like Christmas, getting to see the final product. So for the Redge Bendheims this year, they were a Bloody Mary, Devils food cake, and a deviled egg.
(Now that I think about it, Margot must have that gene too, as she even sewed her and Tanners leggings!)









No comments:
Post a Comment