Friday, November 18, 2011

Visiting Santa

 We've made it to this Christmas celebration almost every year since we bought our house.   I love it.  Everything is free.  And if you get there early enough, the lines aren't bad either.  We waited for maybe 2 minutes to get a picture with Santa.  Even more fun was having Robin and Cody now in our community and able to meet up with us.  Unfortunately our hungry stomachs and their signing up to feed the missionaries meant that we were only with them for maybe 5 minutes.  But next year it's going to be awesome!
 We took pictures with Santa, then left the Orvins and headed to get some food.  I could feel something brewing inside - and had been timing contractions since 5pm.   That's really the only reason my mom stayed on the road through traffic to meet up with us.  And good thing she did because by about 8:30pm we were heading to the hospital.
When I couldn't handle staying at the celebration anymore, my mom took me home and John waited with the boys to get their faces painted.  They both wanted to be Pikachu.  They are obsessed with Pokemon.  And they LOVED their faces.  To bad face paint isn't allowed at school.  My mom said Luke woke up this morning and went straight to the bathroom to look at his face in the mirror.  Needless to say he was very disappointed that his tossing and turning had wiped most of it off in the night. 

John and I ended our night like this.  And this morning we got to start our day with our new little baby!

1 comment:

Dana and Chase said...

Oh I Love him already! And love his Name!!!!! Can't wait to meet the little guy